View Poll Results: Will a FCS Spring Season Happen?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 31.17%
  • No

53 68.83%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins.....you really think a Spring season happens?

Default Re: And so it begins.....you really think a Spring season happens?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Right, but if the MEAC folds, then what happens to the Celebration Bowl and the HBCU moniker? Would the SWAC just change it’s name to the HBCU and just the top 2 colleges go to the bowl? Or do they just stay as the SWAC and potentially drop the Celebration Bowl? Do they change their stance on NCAA playoff bids?
    HBCU has nothing to do with sports or a bowl game or what conference a school is in. If a HBCU stops having sports, they are still an HBCU school. It’s not a moniker, it’s the definition of their institution. They are Historically Black Colleges and Universities now and forever into the future

There probably won't be an FCS season in the Spring of 2021....there definitely won't be a national playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    HBCU has nothing to do with sports or a bowl game or what conference a school is in. If a HBCU stops having sports, they are still an HBCU school. It’s not a moniker, it’s the definition of their institution. They are Historically Black Colleges and Universities now and forever into the future
    This is a good point and I think they play basketball, too. I still wonder how the Celebration Bowl works if the MEAC folds.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I wanna bankrupt some of these pud fcs programs...
    Kick rocks on that, NDSU needs to just leave this pud FCS division and move up to FBS. For as much as I hate Nebraska their fans have it right with their wanting back into the Big 12. Nebraska doesn't care about academics like the conference does, they only care about football. NDSU is the same boat. NDSU doesn't care about the other things that identify with the FCS programs, they care about only football. Move up already NDSU where you can care about only football with other schools, this is getting ridiculous. Didn't NDSU just bludgeon Coastal Caroline a few years back? They have found a nice niche in FBS and are on a lot of college footballs radar as an interesting team/program to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Kick rocks on that, NDSU needs to just leave this pud FCS division and move up to FBS. For as much as I hate Nebraska their fans have it right with their wanting back into the Big 12. Nebraska doesn't care about academics like the conference does, they only care about football. NDSU is the same boat. NDSU doesn't care about the other things that identify with the FCS programs, they care about only football. Move up already NDSU where you can care about only football with other schools, this is getting ridiculous. Didn't NDSU just bludgeon Coastal Caroline a few years back? They have found a nice niche in FBS and are on a lot of college footballs radar as an interesting team/program to watch.
    hell Coastal and Appy have been ranked. freakin Liberty is ranked.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Really? I hadn't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hell Coastal and Appy have been ranked. freakin Liberty is ranked.
    Dont think NDSU will have the funds to move anywhere considering the money thats been pulled. Not to mention future donations if the behavior continues.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Forever is a pretty long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

You saying NDSU doesn’t care about academics? If so do the other 13k students outside the football program know about this?

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Forever is a pretty long time.

why would they switch. they get federal funding for being HBCU colleges
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?