View Poll Results: Will a FCS Spring Season Happen?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 31.17%
  • No

53 68.83%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins.....you really think a Spring season happens?

Default Re: And so it begins.....you really think a Spring season happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You're going to have to show your work on that. As far as I was aware as of now only 9 FCS schools are not intending on playing in the spring and 6 of those are because they're playing full(ish) schedules this fall.
    poop i included the ivy's and others. they dont count do they
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Plus the hbcu con now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Plus the hbcu con now right?
    There was talk of the HBCU folding regardless of the pandemic with a number of teams leaving to join other conferences. I wonder how it will shake out in 2021.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

You're going to have to show your work on that. As far as I was aware as of now only 9 FCS schools are not intending on playing in the spring and 6 of those are because they're playing full(ish) schedules this fall.
    Did you always hand out "show-your-work" assignments to your students? You and I would not have gotten along......

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I wouldn't think so since they're not going to be participating anyway. In any case I don't think the Ivy has closed the book on a spring season but it sounds like there may be a limited number of teams since I believe all Ivy League schools will only have freshman and seniors on campus this year so they'd have to field a team of nothing but freshman and seniors which I don't think they all are willing to do. In this article Dartmouth's coach made it sound like if there's at least 4 Ivy schools willing to play under those circumstances (and he made it sound like Dartmouth would be one) they'd still have an Ivy League spring schedule: https://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.c...questions.html

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    There was talk of the HBCU folding regardless of the pandemic with a number of teams leaving to join other conferences. I wonder how it will shake out in 2021.
    There's two HBCU conferences in D1, the MEAC and the SWAC. The MEAC is looking very shaky with the departures of Hampton (Big South), North Carolina A&T (Big South), Bethune-Cookman (SWAC), and Florida A&M (SWAC) and there's also rumors that Delaware State is on the way out as well (which would drop them to only 5 football schools). The SWAC still seems pretty strong and there's a ton of football tradition in that conference so I wouldn't think they're in much danger of folding yet.

There's two HBCU conferences in D1, the MEAC and the SWAC. The MEAC is looking very shaky with the departures of Hampton (Big South), North Carolina A&T (Big South), Bethune-Cookman (SWAC), and Florida A&M (SWAC) and there's also rumors that Delaware State is on the way out as well (which would drop them to only 5 football schools). The SWAC still seems pretty strong and there's a ton of football tradition in that conference so I wouldn't think they're in much danger of folding yet.
    Right, but if the MEAC folds, then what happens to the Celebration Bowl and the HBCU moniker? Would the SWAC just change it’s name to the HBCU and just the top 2 colleges go to the bowl? Or do they just stay as the SWAC and potentially drop the Celebration Bowl? Do they change their stance on NCAA playoff bids?

Right, but if the MEAC folds, then what happens to the Celebration Bowl and the HBCU moniker? Would the SWAC just change it’s name to the HBCU and just the top 2 colleges go to the bowl? Or do they just stay as the SWAC and potentially drop the Celebration Bowl? Do they change their stance on NCAA playoff bids?
    The Celebration Bowl is toast and I think writing was already on the wall regarding that when NC A&T announced their intentions to leave the MEAC in February. Because they had a much better deal, both from a financial and an exposure standpoint, to win the MEAC and play in the CB than they did to be in the FCS playoffs.

If the MEAC folds I think the SWAC will continue to be the SWAC but as the only completely HBCU conference in D1. Theres other HBCUs in D1 and D2 that wouldn't be in the SWAC so it would strike as kind of a condescending move for them to take the HBCU moniker for themselves as a conference.

The Celebration Bowl is toast and I think writing was already on the wall regarding that when NC A&T announced their intentions to leave the MEAC in February. Because they had a much better deal, both from a financial and an exposure standpoint, to win the MEAC and play in the CB than they did to be in the FCS playoffs.

If the MEAC folds I think the SWAC will continue to be the SWAC but as the only completely HBCU conference in D1. Theres other HBCUs in D1 and D2 that wouldn't be in the SWAC so it would strike as kind of a condescending move for them to take the HBCU moniker for themselves as a conference.
    I think it was on B-Mac's pod that I am remembering him talking about this, but the Celebration Bowl brings in a TON of money. I'd be surprised if they just scratch it, I'm thinking they would have to at least try to find a way to salvage it for revenue only.

I think it was on B-Mac's pod that I am remembering him talking about this, but the Celebration Bowl brings in a TON of money. I'd be surprised if they just scratch it, I'm thinking they would have to at least try to find a way to salvage it for revenue only.
    I think it all depends on TV money. The rumor I heard was that ESPN wasn't going to renew the Celebration Bowl TV contract. So maybe the HBCUs find a different TV partner or maybe they change the format so it's less dependent on the TV partner. I guess if the MEAC folds they can just call try to leverage the SWAC Championship Game the same way but finding a TV partner is the key.

I wanna bankrupt some of these pud fcs programs...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?