Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cofield Enters Transfer Portal

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Cofiled Enters Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Maybe? But a G5 school he's likely to be in tough competition or splitting carries as well. All eyes are on NDSU right now, it just seems an odd choice.

But hey I'm just some asshole on the internet not wearing pants all day because of a global pandemic. I'm sure he made an educated decision.

Those who stay will be champions (again).
    I agree, but there are some pretty shitty G5 schools, he have a good chance to be the guy at a few of them.....but he'd still have no exposure, probably even less exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I agree, but there are some pretty shitty G5 schools, he have a good chance to be the guy at a few of them.....but he'd still have no exposure, probably even less exposure.
    Yep, that's the chokepoint I keep coming back to every time I try to rationalize it.

He'll be missed, he was a solid piece to the puzzle. As ECE8HE said he'll be immortalized by that Bunny killing 4th and 1 run.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Wants to go "NEXT LEVEL"

NDSU NEEDS TO BE FBS> just will keep losing Jabril Cox's, Adam Cofields..... and there will be more.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Wants to go "NEXT LEVEL"

NDSU NEEDS TO BE FBS> just will keep losing Jabril Cox's, Adam Cofields..... and there will be more.
    Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Aurburn....they lose their studs after sophmore and junior year, but they keep reloading. NDSU will do the same in the rare instances that we lose a guy after 4 years to graduate transfer. We lost 1 stud LB who was with us until the absolute end when he blew up on some national radars, and then we lost Adam Cofield, who was the 3rd leading rusher. Let's not get crazy just yet.

I don't think being a G5 school would change the graduate transfer issue for our top guys.
    I"m all for moving up, but it's not going to fix the issue at hand that this thread is refering to

Market for RBs in the league is very tough. Short shelf life, smaller contracts, too much injuries and very competitive. Wishing Cofield all the best.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can see where he is coming from. There is to much running back by committee for him to shine enough for the nfl here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

To some players, the schedule that NDSU plays year in and yea out, along with their pier conference mates, just isn't going to cut it to a highly competitive kid who wants to play high level football. What high level kid wants to play UND, Indiana State, South Dakota, Missouri St, Butler, Western Illinois, and the joke first coupe rounds they get every year in the playoffs. FCS is a joke competition wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Aurburn....they lose their studs after sophmore and junior year, but they keep reloading. NDSU will do the same in the rare instances that we lose a guy after 4 years to graduate transfer. We lost 1 stud LB who was with us until the absolute end when he blew up on some national radars, and then we lost Adam Cofield, who was the 3rd leading rusher. Let's not get crazy just yet.

I don't think being a G5 school would change the graduate transfer issue for our top guys.
    I"m all for moving up, but it's not going to fix the issue at hand that this thread is refering to
    and Trey Lance

Johnny X is right. there is zero competition .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Maybe? But a G5 school he's likely to be in tough competition or splitting carries as well. All eyes are on NDSU right now, it just seems an odd choice.

But hey I'm just some asshole on the internet not wearing pants all day because of a global pandemic. I'm sure he made an educated decision.

Those who stay will be champions (again).
    Your carb starved brain can't comprehend Cofield's 4d chess moves Kev.

I just read his post and it looks like he thinks he's transferring up to FBS. I just assumed he wanted to go somewhere in the FCS to be a feature back.

That's doubly confusing.
    Im sure he wants to try FBS but Im also sure he wants to be the guy who carries the rock. May be he can get both.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."