Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klieman is getting paid now (extension)

Default Klieman is getting paid now (extension)

Ol' coach Chris K got a nice extension today.

Kansas State has agreed to a new contract with Chris Klieman that will pay the football coach $23.5 million and last until 2026.

The new deal was reached early into his second season with the Wildcats. He has guided the team to a 10-6 record, including a 2-1 start this year. In his first year in Manhattan, he helped K-State go 8-5 and play in the Liberty Bowl.

Under his new deal, Klieman will make $3.1 million in 2021. His salary will increase to $3.5 million in 2022 and then $4 million in 2023 and then stabilize at $4.3 million throughout the final three years of his deal.

Klieman’s new contract also contains some unique performance-based incentives.

One of them even triggers an extra year’s salary of $4.3 million getting tacked on to the end of his deal. According to a copy of his contract, Klieman will receive a one-year extension every time the Wildcats win eight games and play in a bowl game between now and 2023. Because K-State will only play 10 games this season, Klieman can also trigger that bonus by winning six games and reaching the postseason in 2020.

Source : https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...246231955.html
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Default Re: Klieman is getting paid now (extension)

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Ol' coach Chris K got a nice extension today.

Kansas State has agreed to a new contract with Chris Klieman that will pay the football coach $23.5 million and last until 2026.

The new deal was reached early into his second season with the Wildcats. He has guided the team to a 10-6 record, including a 2-1 start this year. In his first year in Manhattan, he helped K-State go 8-5 and play in the Liberty Bowl.

Under his new deal, Klieman will make $3.1 million in 2021. His salary will increase to $3.5 million in 2022 and then $4 million in 2023 and then stabilize at $4.3 million throughout the final three years of his deal.

Klieman’s new contract also contains some unique performance-based incentives.

One of them even triggers an extra year’s salary of $4.3 million getting tacked on to the end of his deal. According to a copy of his contract, Klieman will receive a one-year extension every time the Wildcats win eight games and play in a bowl game between now and 2023. Because K-State will only play 10 games this season, Klieman can also trigger that bonus by winning six games and reaching the postseason in 2020.

Source : https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...246231955.html
    Way to go Coach K!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Gene paying his buddy 2 weeks after they lost to a 1-2 Arkansas State team that had 9 starters out is a Boss Move I guess

Guessing Gene is retiring soon. hes 63.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 10-06-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Gene paying his buddy 2 weeks after they lost to a 1-2 Arkansas State team that had 9 players out is a Boss Move I guess

Wow. Lost to Ark St and gets a raise? How can you explain that one to your fan base especially in 2020?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gene paying his buddy 2 weeks after they lost to a 1-2 Arkansas State team that had 9 players out is a Boss Move I guess

Even still Coach K is in the bottom half of big 12 salaries.

$7.0M - Tom Herman (Texas)
    $7.0M - Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma)
    $6.0M - Gary Patterson (TCU)
    $5.3M - Mike Gundy (Oklahoma State)
    $4.0M - Dave Aranda (Baylor)
    $4.0M - Matt Campbell (Iowa State)
    $3.9M - Chris Klieman (Kansas State)
    $3.8M - Neal Brown (West Virginia)
    $3.6M - Matt Wells (Texas Tech)
    $2.8M - Les Miles (Kansas)

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I heard was between 30 and 40 players were out for that game. Maybe 9 starters?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    What I heard was between 30 and 40 players were out for that game. Maybe 9 starters?
    ooops yea you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Wow. Lost to Ark St and gets a raise? How can you explain that one to your fan base especially in 2020?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Simple. Oklahoma.

533 In a row

GEE THANKS KLIEMAN.... ... thanks for not helping NDSU special teams fart noise.

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/s...699564032?s=20

GEE THANKS KLIEMAN.... ... thanks for not helping NDSU special teams fart noise.

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/s...699564032?s=20
    Let me guess, because they sucked and he couldn't see a fake pint coming from a million miles away?

Didn't even have to read it to know that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk