Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    P.S. Iowa State is nearly out of the wannabe category. We return 20 of 22 starters from the team that beat Oklahoma during the season, pissed away the Big 12 championship game, won the Fiesta Bowl, and finished the season ranked #9.
    Would you mind putting this information in the "Things I don't give 2 fucks about" thread?
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Does anyone see him as a Trent Dilfer type when he won a SB with the Ravens? Total game manager, good leader, team captain etc... not very good but good enough... Maybe that's what the coaches are seeing... Pretty sure Zeb is a captain. Must be a good leader and respected in the locker room... a 5th year senior who can keep a pretty young offense together in the huddle... I dunno. Im no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
    So, do you mean to say that he's a poor man's Trent Dilfer? What a strange sentence.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Would you mind putting this information in the "Things I don't give 2 fucks about" thread?

Better pay attention to Iowa State. We have some really good back-up QB's that might be headed your way!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Better pay attention to Iowa State.
    Based on my 49 year memory, I don't understand this sentence. There appears to be no context for it to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Based on my 49 year memory, I don't understand this sentence. There appears to be no context for it to make sense.

You may not want to pay attention to Iowa State, but you better pay attention to me!

Here is what I posted when Noland's defection (I mean transfer) was announced:

Let me fill in a little background info. Zeb Noland got beat out mid-season by a true freshman who had an offer from Alabama! Iowa State's true freshman is purdy good! He beat out Zeb as well as a sixth year medical redshirt senior who beat Oklahoma in his first game!

Now, on to Zeb. He is a coach's son (high school in Georgia, I think). He has always been a guy who hung out with the coaches, trying to learn, and working on his game. From my perspective as a fan, he simply couldn't bring the running game that Brock Purdy brought. Zeb has a strong arm, but Brock was more accurate. And with his well-noted pump fakes on runs, Brock was better at keeping defenses on their heels. That versatility in the run game was something Zeb never seemed to bring.

Zeb has always seemed like a team player. He just wanted a shot and thought Matt Campbell would give it to him. He got it in Ames and left when the writing was on the wall. He probably left disappointed, but not bitter because he got his shot. And he contributed significantly last year when Iowa State broke out of its bottom-feeder status.

I expect him to be the same guy in Fargo. He will work hard and hope to have a shot to play if he earns it. I think you are going to be glad to have him in Fargo. He will be a net gain for your program, even if he doesn't start.

"You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You may not want to pay attention to Iowa State, but you better pay attention to me!

Let me fill in a little background info. Zeb Noland got beat out mid-season by a true freshman who had an offer from Alabama! Iowa State's true freshman is purdy good! He beat out Zeb as well as a sixth year medical redshirt senior who beat Oklahoma in his first game!

Now, on to Zeb. He is a coach's son (high school in Georgia, I think). He has always been a guy who hung out with the coaches, trying to learn, and working on his game. From my perspective as a fan, he simply couldn't bring the running game that Brock Purdy brought. Zeb has a strong arm, but Brock was more accurate. And with his well-noted pump fakes on runs, Brock was better at keeping defenses on their heels. That versatility in the run game was something Zeb never seemed to bring.

Zeb has always seemed like a team player. He just wanted a shot and thought Matt Campbell would give it to him. He got it in Ames and left when the writing was on the wall. He probably left disappointed, but not bitter because he got his shot. And he contributed significantly last year when Iowa State broke out of its bottom-feeder status.

I expect him to be the same guy in Fargo. He will work hard and hope to have a shot to play if he earns it. I think you are going to be glad to have him in Fargo. He will be a net gain for your program, even if he doesn't start.

He does seem like a good guy so it makes it more disappointing when he is playing as the worst QB I have seen at NDSU (been a fan since 85). Even if he was a normal drop back passer with limited running and we ran our normal West Coast offense with play action passing he could really do well (ie Steve Walker), but his mind and mechanics are so holding him back. It is a bummer as I did have higher expectations for him, but I didn't think he would be a world beater since he came from a bottom feeding big 12 school .
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

That's good shit.

Better pay attention to Iowa State. We have some really good back-up QB's that might be headed your way!
    How about that Dekker kid? Wanna give him up? Would he be the first left handed Bison qb? I can't remember any others.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    How about that Dekker kid? Wanna give him up? Would he be the first left handed Bison qb? I can't remember any others.

Dekker seems to be the heir-apparent to take over when Purdy is done. However, this guy from Bison, Minnesota may eventually want to go somewhere else.

https://cyclones.com/sports/football...--bouman/11335

Lets see if Coach Roehl/Hedberg have adjusted play calling and set plays to enchance Zeb now that there's been 2 weeks for an adjustment.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?