Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    It would have to happen against Missouri St or North Dakota. I still dont see NDSU running up a score when they can give non-starters playing time.
    Let's hope they can score 25 to 30 a game would exceed expectations. They have a new QB who can't run, and 2 new linemen. These are going to be low scoring games especially in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Let's hope they can score 25 to 30 a game would exceed expectations. They have a new QB who can't run, and 2 new linemen. These are going to be low scoring games especially in the cold.
    Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would expect some absurd point totals. That would probably be an indictment of the opposition's talent more than anything else
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Zeb is probably a better passer than Lance. We may see Zeb to Watson an awful lot. Its nice having a deep threat to keep defenses honest. This could be a very good year for the O. Or we could be shyte.

I think Zeb is probably a better passer than Lance. We may see Zeb to Watson an awful lot. Its nice having a deep threat to keep defenses honest. This could be a very good year for the O. Or we could be shyte.
    What makes you say that? I think it’s highly doubtful we ever see a season as good as Trey’s last year ever again from a QB here

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What makes you say that? I think it’s highly doubtful we ever see a season as good as Trey’s last year ever again from a QB here
    Im talking about passing, which Lance did little of.

Im talking about passing, which Lance did little of.
    https://stats.gobison.com/custompages/fb/histseas.htm

I know what you’re talking about. Compare his one full season to any other season? 6th most passes completed in a season, third most yards in a season, second most passing touchdowns in a season. His QB rating during all of this was like 180. hey, I’d love nothing more than to be wrong. If he didn’t pass enough it’s because he was moving the ball too effectively when he was.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 01-25-2021 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    People used to talk that way about Brock Jensen. I keed I keed.

Trey set a pretty high bar. This entire decade has been one improbable accomplishment after another for the Bison though so who knows at this point.

He does have a point that in the two biggest/toughest games of the year last year in Brookings and in Frisco they really took the air out of the ball. I know that was by design in the game plan but it sure seemed like there were opportunities to complete passes that were missed or just not even attempted in both games. Not having a potentially lethal dual threat under center for the first time since 2013 probably will change the way the offense can play. They won't be able to go into a game this spring (or fall) with the same game plan as they had against SDSU or JMU last year. That could be a good thing and a bad thing.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Is he pitching?

Lardsin must go!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Is he pitching?
    Little inappropriate to bring sexual orientation into this.... (Purple)
    Last edited by Twincitybizon; 01-25-2021 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Purple clarity