Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Default Re: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I am happy for him to get his chance.
    Dude has had pretty bad luck lol. Brock Purdy turned down big schools and took his job...and then Trey Lance flew under the P5 QB radar and kept him out of a job.

Hopefully he does well
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Dude has had pretty bad luck lol. Brock Purdy turned down big schools and took his job...and then Trey Lance flew under the P5 QB radar and kept him out of a job.

Hopefully he does well
    In true Bison fashion I'm betting that Zeb does the next man up thing and continues the tradition.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    In true Bison fashion I'm betting that Zeb does the next man up thing and continues the tradition.
    this is the correct take.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Might be a strange bison team vibe where the passing game is the strength of the team. Wr's are solid. Te's are beasts too.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

Hopefully he does well

Never heard a bad word about Zeb in Ames. Heard lots about how he was eager to play and doing all the right things to give himself the opportunity. Like you said, he was just the odd-man out, particularly with Brock Purdy. Hope he does great (except on April 10th ).
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Zeb is Ready. I got the Text.
    Lets go!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

To the doubters.....Have you guys forgotten how long it took the staff to name the starting QB a couple years ago? It took forever. They didn't name Trey starter until it was having people think they were going to play them both.

We don't really know what was going on in those practices but I think we can guess. Obviously Zeb had experience and was well known as a natural leader. When coach Entz made the comment about the starter was going to be the guy who was showing leadership, some of us actually thought it was going to be Zeb. I think that was probably a targeted goad to get the young Lance to grow up fast and assert himself.

With Tyler Rohl being a rookie Offensive coordinater, I think they really wanted to run the same offense, and that would mean the uber athleticism and elite size of Lance was where they were going.

But obviously there was very,very good reason it took them that long. Zeb is an elite passer,game manager, and leader. The silver lining of covid is that he now has 2 years of eligibility. He will be back in the fall to win his second national championship. He has already stated publicly he will be returning.

I am crazy excited to see what Tyler is going to come with. I think I might finally get my wish. I have thought for years that the Bison were missing a couple TD's a game by rarely using their super talented RB's in the passing game. It's Seth Wilson time baby!

This offense is insanely talented. Zeb is going to have every kind of target imaginable. We could see point totals in the 60's and 70's.

Hunter Luepke might be the best pass catching FB in the country; ya I wrote that. Not the FBS, the country. It's also quite likely both our starting TE's will be the NFL sometime next year.

We could probably get hurt by a team with an elite pass rush, but, on the other hand, we could see extreme blowouts on a regular basis.

This just could be the funnest team to watch ever.

NDSU isn't going to be putting up 60-70 points a game. Not happening. No way no how. That only happens if you have a trash defense and no running game.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    NDSU isn't going to be putting up 60-70 points a game. Not happening. No way no how. That only happens if you have a trash defense and no running game.
    It would have to happen against Missouri St or North Dakota. I still dont see NDSU running up a score when they can give non-starters playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    It would have to happen against Missouri St or North Dakota. I still dont see NDSU running up a score when they can give non-starters playing time.
    Especially this year with a spring and fall season.