Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Zeb cannot play period. He is going to get Watson killed, the way he leads him into defenders. It's embarrassing as a fan that the coaching staff lets him play.
    Embarrassed? That says a lot about you and it’s not good BTW.

We really have some asshole fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Embarrassed? That says a lot about you and it’s not good BTW.

We really have some asshole fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We beat the #2 team in the country by 21 points and that isn’t good enough.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Hey I'm not saying he's Johnny fucking Unitas.

I'm just saying. ZEB will be the QB. there's 6 games left, lets just go 6-0 and this fall it'll be Quincy & Peyton.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Change one drop to a completion and those stats look A LOT BETTER.
    Those are not "dropped" passes. He's either missing completely on those 8 of 13 passes or made the receiver stretch unbelievable hard, putting themselves in a precarious situation such as what happened to a wide open Watson near the end zone.

FWIW, the TD pass was a 50/50 meatball that was thrown into double coverage. (Is that technically a 33/67 ball?) Luckily it was CW vs 2 inept defenders. He put absolutely everything he could behind that ball and it was 45 yards in the air. He made 3 good passes yesterday and at least 6 truly bad ones.

Did you hear the cheers when Cam first came into the game? Everyone can see this except the coaching staff. I'm sure that Zeb is a great guy with incredible character? That doesn't mean that he should be playing, however.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hey I'm not saying he's Johnny fucking Unitas.

I'm just saying. ZEB will be the QB. there's 6 games left, lets just go 6-0 and this fall it'll be Quincy & Peyton.
    Mertens would look really good with this group of studs surrounding him. Zeb is not making the offense better. Aside from his lack of running ability and his spotty-at-best passing ability, he actually manages to slow down their rushing plays. He takes forever to hand off the ball to RB's and because of it, he can't really effectively execute a play action passing play. Every play takes forever to develop. It is incredibly frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Those are not "dropped" passes. He's either missing completely on those 8 of 13 passes or made the receiver stretch unbelievable hard, putting themselves in a precarious situation such as what happened to a wide open Watson near the end zone.

FWIW, the TD pass was a 50/50 meatball that was thrown into double coverage. (Is that technically a 33/67 ball?) Luckily it was CW vs 2 inept defenders. He put absolutely everything he could behind that ball and it was 45 yards in the air. He made 3 good passes yesterday and at least 6 truly bad ones.

Did you hear the cheers when Cam first came into the game? Everyone can see this except the coaching staff. I'm sure that Zeb is a great guy with incredible character? That doesn't mean that he should be playing, however.
    I think he was referencing only the Watson tipped pass interception. You do that, and the stat line changes from:

5/13, 1 TD, 2 INT

to

6/13, 2 TD, 1 INT

The completion percentage still sucks, but the TD/INT ratio flips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I think he was referencing only the Watson tipped pass interception. You do that, and the stat line changes from:

5/13, 1 TD, 2 INT

to

6/13, 2 TD, 1 INT

He insinuated that the pass was dropped by Watson when in fact Watson was probably the only guy on the team that could have even reached the ball but he wasn't able to protect it given the position that the QB put him in. That's a way to get receivers to not trust their QB as time continues.

It would be different if it were an isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

5/13, 1 TD, 2 INT

to

6/13, 2 TD, 1 INT

NDSU likely needs both Zeb and Cam this season. Doesn't give my warm fuzzy feelings, but it is what it is unless we want to just Spack this Spring season.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Mertens would look really good with this group of studs surrounding him. Zeb is not making the offense better. Aside from his lack of running ability and his spotty-at-best passing ability, he actually manages to slow down their rushing plays. He takes forever to hand off the ball to RB's and because of it, he can't really effectively execute a play action passing play. Every play takes forever to develop. It is incredibly frustrating to watch.
    Thought it was interesting during interviews they said coaches are telling him he needs to slow down in the pocket. I'd say the problem is the opposite and he's pulling the trigger to late, but I'm just a guy on the internet.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Thought it was interesting during interviews they said coaches are telling him he needs to slow down in the pocket. I'd say the problem is the opposite and he's pulling the trigger to late, but I'm just a guy on the internet.
    Slow down what? He is so slow in everything he does especially his reads that he waits for his wide open WR to get run in front of a defender so he can throw it to the defender. Go watch the play two before he almost killed Watson. Two guys wide open with one a defender in between them but instead of throwing the ball to either he threw it almost to the LB. this was on two out/crossing patterns and it was horrific.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.