Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Default Re: Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Maybe. There were plays yesterday that UNI had nine in the box.
    And they only lost by 3. A better team comes out with a win, IMO. Like I said, we’ll find out on Saturday.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Zeb Noland ERA Begins..10/3

Keep Luepke in for a few more of the carries. Too much change of package when he was warming up. 19 for 95 and a td rest of rushes went 20 for 70 and that includes watson.

Run the damn ball, run some more clock. Take more pressure off the d and zeb. Stick got less attempts then zeb got yesterday frequently.

Zeb needs to step into the pocket. Looks like he could be decent but his footwork is terrible if he feels ANY pressure. Going backwards on a bunch of throws and dribbling out. When there are nine in the box because you aren’t throwing well there will be pressure, but a bunch of opportunity.

Show him some video of brock jensen stepping into it and getting popped. Honey badger didn’t care. Heck- get Zeb stepping up and popped a few times in practice and see its not the end of the world to get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Keep Luepke in for a few more of the carries. Too much change of package when he was warming up. 19 for 95 and a td rest of rushes went 20 for 70 and that includes watson.

Run the damn ball, run some more clock. Take more pressure off the d and zeb. Stick got less attempts then zeb got yesterday frequently.

Zeb needs to step into the pocket. Looks like he could be decent but his footwork is terrible if he feels ANY pressure. Going backwards on a bunch of throws and dribbling out. When there are nine in the box because you aren’t throwing well there will be pressure, but a bunch of opportunity.

Show him some video of brock jensen stepping into it and getting popped. Honey badger didn’t care. Heck- get Zeb stepping up and popped a few times in practice and see its not the end of the world to get hit.
    This is what I see too. He does not "climb the pocket" well. He pulled it down and took off a couple of times yesterday early in the game. He welcomed hits in these cases versus sliding. That was encouraging to me.

We have been spoiled though by a truly gifted athlete at this position and a couple of downright freaks. Zeb is probably slightly above average but we are so very spoiled he looks terrible to us.

I also note Matt Entz comment a few weeks back about Zeb just needing to play like Zeb. I bet he is a very different player in practice than at game time. Trying to be too perfect or do too much as opposed to just letting it go. Maybe.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Iowa people are just.... different

If you are saying that "Iowa people are different than you personally," well, that may just be the nicest thing you've ever said to us!

P.S. Zeb is from Georgia.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    If you are saying that "Iowa people are different than you personally," well, that may just be the nicest thing you've ever said to us!

P.S. Zeb is from Georgia.
    Yes, and please do not associate Chap with any part of "Being from ND"
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    the coaches and players are behind him obviously.
    so dont yell at me.
    There are some players who aren't behind him

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'm glad Nolan is on the team, because I think he has been a net positive for the team, but NDSU has a freakishly talented offensive TE and WR unit and goes 8 for 17 passing. These games shouldn't be competive, and something is clearly broken, and it's definitely the quarterback position. Cam should be doing everything but the two minute drill.
    We need Cam starting. There's a night and day difference when he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by SkolMitzel View Post
    We need Cam starting. There's a night and day difference when he's in.
    Keeping him for the bunnies, Zeb will not see much action for here on out

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    I fear you’re not right about this. I want you to be right...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    I do hope you are right. He had 55 yards passing yesterday while rewatching the game. Watson and Babicz made great catches on bad passes. So many late throws and just misses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk