Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

Default Re: Trey should stay

Gil Brandt NFL guru says Top 15 Draft pick even after today and possibly higher after the combine/work outs

Gil was right on Wentz. so. Bye bye Trey
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    OH NOOO GO TREY GO!

he's gone 10000% this 1 game does not define his play. Watson catches that 50 YRD TD and no one bats an eye at stats.

when he gets to Indy and measures he will land TOP 10 easily. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

he is/was worried about getting hurt as was his family... he GONE and I dont blame him
    I totally agree with you.

Someone will take a chance on him. He will likely sit behind someone next year.

So... Since we have zero control... What is the "stay vs. go" tipping point? I would argue... Lower than 2nd round, I would think about staying.... If I thought I had more to learn. Thoughts?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Everything I’ve read and watched so far says this one game really didn’t change anything. Todd McShay still has Fields and Lance as 2a and 2b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Everything I’ve read and watched so far says this one game really didn’t change anything. Todd McShay still has Fields and Lance as 2a and 2b

Yeah, but Todd McShay isn't going to be the one drafting and paying him. Not trying to knock TL. If you owned any business........would you be willing to hand out 1st round money to a kid who played basically 1 year of college football? Someone might do it, but most NFL teams follow what is called the Parcells Rule for drafting QBs. Trey is a great athlete who can throw the ball, but is he actually a great QB.......YET?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

It's all about experience. Leaving for the NFL with only 1 season as a college QB rarely happens for a reason. NFL teams can't afford to draft a high 1st rounder and sit them for 2 years. Some teams can

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post

Ppl are focusing way too much on the game yesterday. Scouts care more about his talent and potential. He can always sit a year or 2 in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Ppl are focusing way too much on the game yesterday. Scouts care more about his talent and potential. He can always sit a year or 2 in the NFL
    But if you wait a year and increase your stock. After yesterday if I was a scout watching that game I'd want to see more again before telling my team this guy has NFL caliber talent but that's me.

He has talent I think he'll go this spring but he really is going to need a year or two behind someone before he could shine. If they need him to start right away could be a disaster.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

He needs to decide if wants to be a solid 1st round pick or a possible #1 overall qb pick. If the later he waits till next year. It's that simple. At this point it's about the other qb in this years draft. What it is not about is yesterday's game.

Now with that being said, extra curricular activities could change things tho .....he is under a microscope and everything he does off the field will be looked at