Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Trey should stay

Default Re: Trey should stay

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Exactly why he needs a team with an established starter who will not rush him....he has a ton to learn.
    Know any team with promising young receiver, a veteran receiver, great running back, and a lame duck vet QB who is still under contract next year? Maybe a team who is looking like they may have a top 5 draft pick next year?

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    But I will (and others before me have) gladly fight for their right as an American to engage in peaceful protest, even (especially?) if I find it offensive/disturbing.
    Bingo. Defending your preferred speech is not defending free speech. The only speech which needs defending is when it is speech that makes people uncomfortable. It's crazy and infuriating that people wrap themselves in this flag to deny someone peaceful protest.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    The protests happen DURING the anthem (they aren't protesting the playing of the national anthem, just using that moment to draw attention to their cause.... which happens to be that they believe that in many cases their PURSUIT of Life, Liberty and Happiness is being infringed upon). I personally HATE to see that people are so upset that they feel the need to take a knee during the anthem as a way to bring their message across to others. But I will (and others before me have) gladly fight for their right as an American to engage in peaceful protest, even (especially?) if I find it offensive/disturbing.
    Interesting then that the NFL played the Black National Anthem if “they aren’t protesting the national anthem.”

Why not all take a knee just before kickoff - when EVERYONE invested in a game is watching? Because the kickoff does not occur during the National Anthem, when the American flag flies, which represents America, which is why the protests occur at that moment: to protest the national anthem, the flag, and the country it represents. Protestors have the right to do so and those that disagree have the right to not watch and contribute to their salaries (tv viewership, attendance, merchandise sales, etc).
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Locked.

At some point in the future I'll probably clean this thread out.

In the meantime, there is a place for all our moronic political takes on this board. The Football forum is not it.