Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

Default Re: Trey should stay

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You are nuts! Outkick the Coverage is so much better than ESPN! LOL

BTW, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that now we have left and right sports media coverage?

Yep.................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    LOL, yes I'm aware of what's being said. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. What year is Trevor Lawrence? Why didn't he come out earlier....I thought it was to get more experience.
    Because he wasn't allowed to leave due to the age rules.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    Because he wasn't allowed to leave due to the age rules.
    Hmm, ok. I guess he played as a true freshman then? After this year he'll have three full seasons played.

One season just seems so little. Over the years it's always seemed like the coaches really limit the offense for younger QBs because of how hard it is to learn and then the Junior and Senior seasons they really open up the playbook. It just seems like an enormous jump from one season of FCS football to the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck to him, I hope he's very successful and makes a bazillion dollars.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Hmm, ok. I guess he played as a true freshman then? After this year he'll have three full seasons played.

One season just seems so little. Over the years it's always seemed like the coaches really limit the offense for younger QBs because of how hard it is to learn and then the Junior and Senior seasons they really open up the playbook. It just seems like an enormous jump from one season of FCS football to the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck to him, I hope he's very successful and makes a bazillion dollars.
    Well no less than Randy Hedberg said his resume is complete. I fully grasp your point and I respect it but I am not in a position to argue with Hedberg on such a topic.
    Don't believe everything you think.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are eligible for the draft 3 years after your high school class graduates. That's why he's eligible to leave now. Most of his ratings so far were based on the assumption he would continue to develop and play this year. The lack of games may or may not hurt his stock with draft scouts. He may also stay/rise with workouts and combines. There are also arguments to be made if he would develop better playing one more year of FCS football or working and training with NFL players as a backup. If everything is pointing at him being drafted anywhere in the first round he would be crazy to not do it now unless he really loves playing college football that much.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well no less than Randy Hedberg said his resume is complete. I fully grasp your point and I respect it but I am not in a position to argue with Hedberg on such a topic.
    Pretty rare for coaches to say "he isn't ready and he should still be here," particularly before the guy gets drafted so I dont know how much stock to put in what Hedberg says.
    College of Business Alumnus

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trevor Lawrence won the National Championship over Alabama and was also named MVP of the game as a true freshman.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Pretty rare for coaches to say "he isn't ready and he should still be here," particularly before the guy gets drafted so I dont know how much stock to put in what Hedberg says.
    Question all you want. I see him as a straight shooter and I take him at his word. He is already of retirement age so I’m not sure what he has to gain by trying to mislead anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Trevor Lawrence won the National Championship over Alabama and was also named MVP of the game as a true freshman.
    Yeah so Clemson FB won the game over Alabama. But you are right that Trevor Lawrence was the MVP.

In my opinion he either needed to go pro or transfer to a P5 school, there was nothing left for him here once the Oregon game was cancelled. Playing in some BS spring season would have been just dumb and our schedule next fall is Charmin soft.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.