Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey should stay

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    How will you convince a black or colored student athlete to play for NDSU if you don't show that you genuinely care for their safety and well being ? Judging based on your past responses it is very obvious to me, this is not your concern and you have your reasons. On the contrary, you are planning to form a coalition of booster and financially hurt NDSU football because they care for black athletes and what bothers black athletes the most.
    Congrats. Dumbest shit of the day.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I agree. I think thats the next shoe that needs to drop. Will the Athletic Dept come up with rules and guidelines on political behavior in the future? What will be the
    consequences for violating said rules?
    I can let this go knowing that this will not happen again in the future.

FYI--this was the subject of my last email to ML and DL.
    I love that the anthem is played at sporting events. I spent 10 years coaching at the HS level and always stand at attention with my hand on my heart when it is played. My opinion, you do what you think is right and you quit worrying about what other people do. That's what real freedom is about!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I love that the anthem is played at sporting events. I spent 10 years coaching at the HS level and always stand at attention with my hand on my heart when it is played. My opinion, you do what you think is right and you quit worrying about what other people do. That's what real freedom is about!
    I associate the flag with the Bill of Rights, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and foundational American ideology’s pertaining to liberty. Protesting the anthem has always seemed like a dumb ignorant way of protesting bad cops. To me it says “I hate America” not I hate police brutality. I think the power players behind the whole thing do hate America and a lot of people know that. If the flags foundational values really were respected and adhered to by every person there wouldn’t even be racism or police brutality. Btw, Marxism doesn’t erase bad police, it makes more

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I associate the flag with the Bill of Rights, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and foundational American ideology’s pertaining to liberty. Protesting the anthem has always seemed like a dumb ignorant way of protesting bad cops. To me it says “I hate America” not I hate police brutality. I think the power players behind the whole thing do hate America and a lot of people know that. If the flags foundational values really were respected and adhered to by every person there wouldn’t even be racism or police brutality. Btw, Marxism doesn’t erase bad police, it makes more
    This is a beautiful explication of the dangers of nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is a beautiful explication of the dangers of nationalism.
    Blind flag waving is dangerous. That’s not what I just posted

Blind flag waving is dangerous. That’s not what I just posted
    No what you said was worse. Instead of being blind it means they hate American and implied they are Marxists.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    How will you convince a black or colored student athlete to play for NDSU if you don't show that you genuinely care for their safety and well being ? Judging based on your past responses it is very obvious to me, this is not your concern and you have your reasons. On the contrary, you are planning to form a coalition of booster and financially hurt NDSU football because they care for black athletes and what bothers black athletes the most.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No what you said was worse. Instead of being blind it means they hate American and implied they are Marxists.
    Or ignorant. I said that to

Or ignorant. I said that to
    Ignorant because to you it says "I HATE AMERICA".

Take all this stuff to a political board or your echo chamber on Facebook. I don't come here to read political bickering. Get along everyone and act like adults.