Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

Default Re: Trey should stay

Brian Hoyer, Nick Foles, Haskins, Teddy B...some truly horrible QBs playing this weekend

Trey is better than the bottom 1/3 qbs in NFL already
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Absolutely wasn't the most important anything of his career. The scouts had nothing but time and came to see with their own eyes if the hype is real and that is exactly what they saw. Identified open receivers. Check. Effortlessly flicked the ball downfield 70 yards. Check. Ran through, away from, and over defenders. Check. Picked up the blitz. Check. Move fluidly for a big young man. Check. Win a game. Check. Every mistake was correctable. Check.

There are idiots who think he had to throw for 600 yards and 7 TDs to move the needle. The needle was already moved. He confirmed everything after not playing a game for 9 months.

Nothing changed after Saturday. Lance probably gained a few more teams that just got way more serious about him and not just passive observers. He will not fall below 15.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You forgot the most important aspect of a QB. Accurate passer. He was awful in that department. Windows are very tight in the NFL and he struggled most of the day hitting guys who were wide open. I expected him to be much improved in that department because he’s had a ton of time to prepare. What did he pass for in The championship game against a good defense? 72 yards passing. Love Mr Lance. Wish him the best. But he needs to develop into a more consistent passer and will struggle bigtime at the NFL level right now. He can run but he is not dynamic like a Lamar Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You forgot the most important aspect of a QB. Accurate passer. He was awful in that department. Windows are very tight in the NFL and he struggled most of the day hitting guys who were wide open. I expected him to be much improved in that department because he’s had a ton of time to prepare. What did he pass for in The championship game against a good defense? 72 yards passing. Love Mr Lance. Wish him the best. But he needs to develop into a more consistent passer and will struggle bigtime at the NFL level right now. He can run but he is not dynamic like a Lamar Jackson

He had a couple of dimes that were dropped, but overall I'd agree his accuracy was off that game.

Entire reason I started this thread. I just don't think if I'm a NFL GM that I take him in round 1 right now UNLESS, I have a situation I can sit him at least 2 years behind a good starter. Most that draft a QB high don't fit that description.

I don't think NFL scouts value accuracy as much as other things like arm strength and mobility. Maybe it's because they think their coaches can teach accuracy but they can't teach arm strength or athleticism. QBs like Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson had accuracy concerns out of college and they're now thriving in the NFL. Another thing to keep in mind is Trey is only 20 years old and he won't even turn 21 until after the draft. Wentz was 23 when he was drafted. The fact that he's still developing but already this skilled means the big "p" word will drive his stock higher than a comparably skilled QB like Wentz or Stick who weren't drafted until after their 5th year of college football.

It isn't the most important aspect. I didn't forget accuracy, I completely ignored it just like the scouts right now. It is correctable. I mentioned that.

You can't teach athleticism. You can't teach having a cannon for a arm. Even his interception was a Elway/Favre like dart thrown completely effortlessly. Sure it should have been a touch throw over the top but even his mistakes are impressive.

He overthrows receivers falling backwards by 20 yards while they are 45 yards downfield. NFL GMs aren't worried about drafting him too high, they are worried about missing out.

I would love to see him play more college football. Certainly there is still a lot to learn at the QB position. I also have no problem comprehending the hype is going to get blown up even more and someone will pull the trigger with a top 15 pick. I also think I'm giving myself a lot of wiggle room.

Potential is the most important aspect of any position.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It isn't the most important aspect. I didn't forget accuracy, I completely ignored it just like the scouts right now. It is correctable. I mentioned that.

You can't teach athleticism. You can't teach having a cannon for a arm. Even his interception was a Elway/Favre like dart thrown completely effortlessly. Sure it should have been a touch throw over the top but even his mistakes are impressive.

He overthrows receivers falling backwards by 20 yards while they are 45 yards downfield. NFL GMs aren't worried about drafting him too high, they are worried about missing out.

I would love to see him play more college football. Certainly there is still a lot to learn at the QB position. I also have no problem comprehending the hype is going to get blown up even more and someone will pull the trigger with a top 15 pick. I also think I'm giving myself a lot of wiggle room.

Potential is the most important aspect of any position.

Pretty remarkable how far he is now as a passer. Wasn't highly trained as a QB coming out of High School which likely explains the FBS schools recruiting him only at other positions. After only one redshirt year in College he looked so effortless moving around in the pocket and throwing bombs downfield. He's either an extremely quick learner or a natural talent at QB, or both I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pretty remarkable how far he is now as a passer. Wasn't highly trained as a QB coming out of High School which likely explains the FBS schools recruiting him only at other positions. After only one redshirt year in College he looked so effortless moving around in the pocket and throwing bombs downfield. He's either an extremely quick learner or a natural talent at QB, or both I guess.
    He put on like 25 pounds in the past year alone. I think a lot of FBS schools would like a do-over. He still would be leaving early.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And away he goes!

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...91913078034437

Breaking: North Dakota State QB Trey Lance (@treylance09
    ) is declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. He tells @YahooSports
    he's leaving NDSU to focus on training. Lance is a projected first-round pick and the most intriguing prospect in the upcoming draft.