Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

Default Re: Trey should stay

I'd be more concerned with Trey getting killed behind the Vikings OL than Kirk or whoever mentoring him the right way.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I must be misremembering the situation but I thought there was a young QB there who was struggling.
    Kirk was drafted and sat behind RGIII for a few years. I remember everyone wondering why they drafted Cousins when they had RGIII.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Kirk was drafted and sat behind RGIII for a few years. I remember everyone wondering why they drafted Cousins when they had RGIII.
    This sounds more familiar.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well, I never thought I'd do a 180 in a day, but I am. He is not ready and I really think all the hype caught up with him. I think he managed to play his way out of round 1, which produces a financial reason to stay another year.

Discuss.
    You should definitely go.

I'm a big Lance fan but I will say he has higher bust potential then Wentz did as a first rounder. That's not to say I think he will be, but with Wentz I thought the chance was basically 0%. If Trey did stick around for a couple more years I might have that same level of confidence, but after 1 year, I'm just not that sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    The “game meant next to nothing”? There were 25 NFL scouts there to see Trey Lance. It was probably the most important game, draft wise, of his college career.
    Absolutely wasn't the most important anything of his career. The scouts had nothing but time and came to see with their own eyes if the hype is real and that is exactly what they saw. Identified open receivers. Check. Effortlessly flicked the ball downfield 70 yards. Check. Ran through, away from, and over defenders. Check. Picked up the blitz. Check. Move fluidly for a big young man. Check. Win a game. Check. Every mistake was correctable. Check.

There are idiots who think he had to throw for 600 yards and 7 TDs to move the needle. The needle was already moved. He confirmed everything after not playing a game for 9 months.

Nothing changed after Saturday. Lance probably gained a few more teams that just got way more serious about him and not just passive observers. He will not fall below 15.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Absolutely wasn't the most important anything of his career. The scouts had nothing but time and came to see with their own eyes if the hype is real and that is exactly what they saw. Identified open receivers. Check. Effortlessly flicked the ball downfield 70 yards. Check. Ran through, away from, and over defenders. Check. Picked up the blitz. Check. Move fluidly for a big young man. Check. Win a game. Check. Every mistake was correctable. Check.

There are idiots who think he had to throw for 600 yards and 7 TDs to move the needle. The needle was already moved. He confirmed everything after not playing a game for 9 months.

Nothing changed after Saturday. Lance probably gained a few more teams that just got way more serious about him and not just passive observers. He will not fall below 15.

So is the next Bison football related event we have to look forward to is Trey's ProDay and the NFL Combine?

Carson Wentz in the Super Bowl.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm a big Lance fan but I will say he has higher bust potential then Wentz did as a first rounder. That's not to say I think he will be, but with Wentz I thought the chance was basically 0%. If Trey did stick around for a couple more years I might have that same level of confidence, but after 1 year, I'm just not that sure.

Yeah, with Carson he played games where he put the team on his back and just won the game. The UNI game is where I knew that Carson was a not just a possible NFL prospect but elite level talent. Trey hasn't really had to deal with much adversity. The talent is obviously there, he played basically flawless football for a season...just a shame he didn't get some opportunities like the Oregon game.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So is the next Bison football related event we have to look forward to is Trey's ProDay and the NFL Combine?
    I hope there is a lot more.