Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

Default Re: Trey should stay

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Hedberg deserves a statue in the new FBS stadium Lakes is fundraising for.
    Absolutely he does.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    4 straight QBs with pro football experience.
    By luck or skill they've nailed the recruiting timelines. Hopefully NDSU can recover from Lance's success and early exit as I'm sure this throws off the succession plans. Landing Zeb as a transfer is a nice safety net but it definitely wasn't part of the plan as without Covid the timelines wouldn't have worked out.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    Honestly guys Treys's game yesterday was most likely the best thing that could happen to him. Sliding from 2nd overall QB drafted to 3-5th qb drafted could be the difference between playing for a bottom dweller or getting drafted by a team that is going to be looking for a replacement for their star QB a couple years down the road. (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, New England....) Im not sure one bad game will scare off teams with great talent scouts like the perennial powerhouses. But may save him from being drafted by a team struggling to surround him with talent.
    Would love to see him go to Minny and sit for a year behind Kirk a la Mahomes in KC.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Would love to see him go to Minny and sit for a year behind Kirk a la Mahomes in KC.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Cousins does not strike me as the type of guy to bring a young QB under his wing with the intention of helping him take away his job. That’s literally why he left Washington on not good terms.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Cousins does not strike me as the type of guy to bring a young QB under his wing with the intention of helping him take away his job. That’s literally why he left Washington on not good terms.
    And really Cousins? That's an ideal mentor?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    And really Cousins? That's an ideal mentor?
    I wasn't even going to go there, but also agree with this. He would have to be willing to do this first, but even then, yeah, not the guy I would pick.

It was? I don't recall Washington having any future QB while he was there. They traded for Alex Smith in 2018 to be their starter after it was evident that Cousins wouldn't be returning. I'd say his divorce with Washington had more to do with them being unable to come to a long term contractual agreement with each other. I don't think either side regrets their decision given how the last 2+ seasons have gone for each.

In any case I've never heard of Cousins being a bad mentor because he's never really been in a position to be a mentor by my recollection.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was? I don't recall Washington having any future QB while he was there. They traded for Alex Smith in 2018 to be their starter after it was evident that Cousins wouldn't be returning. I'd say his divorce with Washington had more to do with them being unable to come to a long term contractual agreement with each other. I don't think either side regrets their decision given how the last 2+ seasons have gone for each.

In any case I've never heard of Cousins being a bad mentor because he's never really been in a position to be a mentor by my recollection.
    Agreed. Also, I don't know if I'd say Alex Smith was signed to be a mentor for Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I must be misremembering the situation but I thought there was a young QB there who was struggling.

I must be misremembering the situation but I thought there was a young QB there who was struggling.
    I think Colt McCoy was Cousins' backup his entire career in Washington but McCoy is actually older the Cousins and I don't think anyone in Washington thought of McCoy as their future QB.