Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey should stay

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey should stay

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    LOL, yes I'm aware of what's being said. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. What year is Trevor Lawrence? Why didn't he come out earlier....I thought it was to get more experience.
    This will be the first draft for which Lawrence is elligible.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    In my opinion he either needed to go pro or transfer to a P5 school, there was nothing left for him here once the Oregon game was cancelled. Playing in some BS spring season would have been just dumb and our schedule next fall is Charmin soft.
    The pros and scouts love to be able to say they found a diamond in the rough so it's "safer" for Trey to not play and have a potential stinker to raise doubt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Option 1: Stay for a Spring season for some reason after winning a Natty and best FCS player (or whatever).
    Option 2: Get drafted and get fucking paid!

Who picks option 1?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    This will be the first draft for which Lawrence is elligible.
    Thanks, I guess what's throwing me off is that he will have played 3 seasons and Trey only 1. I see now why that is.....Trey redshirted and this fall season was cancelled. So that's the difference.

That said, he still has only played 1 season and it's against FCS competition so it still seems like a heck of a jump. As others have said though, if he's being told first round, I totally understand why he would go. It sucks for us, but I guess that's what it is now.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Thanks, I guess what's throwing me off is that he will have played 3 seasons and Trey only 1. I see now why that is.....Trey redshirted and this fall season was cancelled. So that's the difference.

That said, he still has only played 1 season and it's against FCS competition so it still seems like a heck of a jump. As others have said though, if he's being told first round, I totally understand why he would go. It sucks for us, but I guess that's what it is now.
    Wentz only had 7 more starts than Lance in his college career.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Wentz only had 7 more starts than Lance in his college career.
    Yes, but he was in school and involved for at least 4 seasons, if not 5 (I can't recall if he redshirted). I agree with the starts, but he had a LOT more experience and a bigger arm. Again, not bashing Trey or saying he can't do it. I'm just saying it's a BIG jump. I'll love it if he gets drafted in round one and has a great career.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Yes, but he was in school and involved for at least 4 seasons, if not 5 (I can't recall if he redshirted). I agree with the starts, but he had a LOT more experience and a bigger arm. Again, not bashing Trey or saying he can't do it. I'm just saying it's a BIG jump. I'll love it if he gets drafted in round one and has a great career.
    Exactly why he needs a team with an established starter who will not rush him....he has a ton to learn.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think I'm just pointing out that its no more big of a jump than Wentz made, at least not by that much from a game experience standpoint.

Also, Lance can sling it like 50 yards from his back foot and on the run. I don't think there is much disparity in arm strength either. Accuracy maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Exactly why he needs a team with an established starter who will not rush him....he has a ton to learn.
    I agree with this, too. As much as I'd love to see him start right away, it would be better for him to learn under an experienced QB for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think I'm just pointing out that its no more big of a jump than Wentz made, at least not by that much from a game experience standpoint.

Also, Lance can sling it like 50 yards from his back foot and on the run. I don't think there is much disparity in arm strength either. Accuracy maybe...
    I agree with this. TL exerts less effort slinging a 60 yd toss with a NCAA football than I do making a 100 yd shot with a sand wedge. And he does so with far greater accuracy than me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.