Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Arkansas Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Central Arkansas Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    When Aussie kickers come to play "American Football" announcers mention it every chance they get...not a peep from the guys in their moms basement.
    But, now, a guy comes from Africa (which he did, just 6 years ago BTW...) and all of you are shocked that a person could dare say that a player is originally from Africa?
    It's not like he came here when he was 3...he literally came here 6 years ago. That is kind of a cool story actually.
    I don't understand this country anymore. I miss the way it used to be
    An announcer getting roasted for mentioning this...sure, he could have given some back story to it, that may have helped for the average person watching who doesn't know this. But, you all knew this, and your panties are all in knots about it I guess.
    Scared that it's somehow racist? Not sure why else anyone would be even be making a thing of it
    First off, I listen to the radio call, so I didn't hear Timmerman's comment, but...

What I'm taking from the comments by people isn't so much that Timmerman said Ogbu was born outside the US, it's that he couldn't even be bothered to remember which country Ogbu was from. I doubt people would be ragging on him so much if he had said Ogbu had grown up in Nigeria before moving to Bismarck.

That's also why your example doesn't work. Since Australia is name of both the country and continent, it's not the same thing as Timmerman saying, "Ogbu is from Africa."

At least that's my take on things. Like I said, I didn't hear him say it, so maybe his tone of voice or phrasing was even more racist/stupid.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    First off, I listen to the radio call, so I didn't hear Timmerman's comment, but...

What I'm taking from the comments by people isn't so much that Timmerman said Ogbu was born outside the US, it's that he couldn't even be bothered to remember which country Ogbu was from. I doubt people would be ragging on him so much if he had said Ogbu had grown up in Nigeria before moving to Bismarck.

That's also why your example doesn't work. Since Australia is name of both the country and continent, it's not the same thing as Timmerman saying, "Ogbu is from Africa."

At least that's my take on things. Like I said, I didn't hear him say it, so maybe his tone of voice or phrasing was even more racist/stupid.
    It was about the most ignorant thing he could say and get away with. His story is awesome. They had to prove they didn't recruit him to play sports. And he went to a high school that gets accused of recruiting athletes anyways! Might even be from Lee's home town. All Lee could manage was hilarious. Lee could have told the world his story. But he blew it. If it would have been Lee's 4th game no doubt he would have nailed it.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    When Aussie kickers come to play "American Football" announcers mention it every chance they get...not a peep from the guys in their moms basement.
    But, now, a guy comes from Africa (which he did, just 6 years ago BTW...) and all of you are shocked that a person could dare say that a player is originally from Africa?
    It's not like he came here when he was 3...he literally came here 6 years ago. That is kind of a cool story actually.
    I don't understand this country anymore. I miss the way it used to be
    An announcer getting roasted for mentioning this...sure, he could have given some back story to it, that may have helped for the average person watching who doesn't know this. But, you all knew this, and your panties are all in knots about it I guess.
    Scared that it's somehow racist? Not sure why else anyone would be even be making a thing of it
    first off, my mom doesn't have a basement

Second, it was fucking stupid comment followed by nothing for a reason or story on saying it, so sorry Lee it didn't belong

I never said sword about it being racist..you did
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

YUPP......

He said Africaand Shiloh in Bismarck, thats it fucking stupid
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    YUPP......

He said Africaand Shiloh in Bismarck, thats it fucking stupid
    How did mr Radunz look today?
    "The bird is in your hand"

Here is one thing I know for sure: there could not possibly be enough compensation or advancement exposure to get me to accept an on air personality gig in ND. Nope. No way, no how.

Now. Whether my aesthetic would qualify for said opportunity in the first place is an open question.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here is one thing I know for sure: there could not possibly be enough compensation or advancement exposure to get me to accept an on air personality gig in ND. Nope. No way, no how.

Now. Whether my aesthetic would qualify for said opportunity in the first place is an open question.
    its actually pretty easy to get on tv around north dakota.. anyone still here is not good, else someone would've snatched them up by nowl
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    So are we done with practice now?
    I believe it was said during the postgame commentary that they’re done for now and will start back up in December in preparation for the spring season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its actually pretty easy to get on tv around north dakota.. anyone still here is not good, else someone would've snatched them up by nowl
    Shhhhh! Don't tell Chris Berg.

He's been itching for a Fox News job for more than a minute

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    first off, my mom doesn't have a basement

Second, it was fucking stupid comment followed by nothing for a reason or story on saying it, so sorry Lee it didn't belong

I never said sword about it being racist..you did
    I also said he could have followed up on it for people who were not aware. But, people on this board are aware. And they are still pooping their panties over it.
    So, why? I dunno...my guess was that people are super sensitive now days due to the current state of the world and thought that it was maybe somehow racist to say "Africa"
    I'm guessing I'm pretty accurate on that.

If a Cricket announcer said a guy was originally from the USA, but did not say what state/city, would anyone care? Nope...they would not.
    If Timmerman would have said what he did, but said "Nigeria" instead of "Africa", you'd all still be peeing in your panties.