Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutless NDSU decision

Default Re: Gutless NDSU decision

Herbert was at a PAC 12 school with donors with deep pockets.
    I can give him a Free Don's Car wash and some Sandy's Donuts to stay though... LOL

besides #1 overall pick to #8 overall pick... still making $5-10Million a year.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed. Reality is the increase is pay to be #1 pick will never make up for the year of pay you lose. I just don't see any rationale argument to stay.

Complete his degree? You know like, just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lance is likely gone, but Herbert turned down being the potential #1 pick to stay for Senior year. Crazier things have happened and not having a full season of games/tape this year certainly hurts Lance.
    Yea, and it cost him $12 million through 4 years and $7 million on day 1.

Lance would be dumb as hell to stay another year, and every rational football fine who's not watching through only green and gold knows it. He has a hell of a lot more to lose than to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Complete his degree? You know like, just in case...
    you can get a degree online FFS. and he's already in year 3 of school so 1 year of online will be easy (especially since most others are doing it too with covid)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you can get a degree online FFS. and he's already in year 3 of school so 1 year of online will be easy (especially since most others are doing it too with covid)

Gee, never thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if he graduates this spring.

But if he doesn't, a strategic communications degree would be doable online pretty easily, you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lance is likely gone, but Herbert turned down being the potential #1 pick to stay for Senior year. Crazier things have happened and not having a full season of games/tape this year certainly hurts Lance.
    Maybe... His name is do big right now I think he may be fine riding the wave. Its not unheard of for GM's and owners to get caught up on hype. I mean Carson, didn't have a year of tape and it worked out ok for his draft stock.

Personally, (and this isn't meant as a shot at the kid) I am shocked that he is getting as much hype as he is. I hope he slays it on Saturday and goes off to be drafted and earns 1 Bazillion dollars.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Maybe... His name is do big right now I think he may be fine riding the wave. Its not unheard of for GM's and owners to get caught up on hype. I mean Carson, didn't have a year of tape and it worked out ok for his draft stock.

Personally, (and this isn't meant as a shot at the kid) I am shocked that he is getting as much hype as he is. I hope he slays it on Saturday and goes off to be drafted and earns 1 Bazillion dollars.
    Is a Bazillion a multiple of a Gazillion or is it the other way around?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Personally, (and this isn't meant as a shot at the kid) I am shocked that he is getting as much hype as he is.
    It is crazy. An FCS sophomore with only 16 starts who doesn't put up video game numbers because of the style of offense... Beside no picks and NDSU, what else is there to fan the hype flames above what scouts see in his tape and physical talent? It does seem crazy he's getting this much hype so early, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Is a Bazillion a multiple of a Gazillion or is it the other way around?
    I need to look but if I remember it takes 146 Bazillions to make a Gazillion.

As they say, players make Bazillions, the people who sign the players checks make Bazillions.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.