Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutless NDSU decision

Default Re: Gutless NDSU decision

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    After this gutless decision and assuming I get 4 home games next Spring, I will be requestimg NDSU refund the cost of tickets I already paid for 2 non -conference games. They can keep my teammaker donation, but the fact is why should I pay for games they decided not to have? Have yet to hear anything about refunds that will be given.
    I received a call from Derrek Lang Monday... The day before they announced no fans at this game.
    I will be emailing him.... I’ve changed my mind about my donation. This announcement was inconsiderately late. Yes, I understand public health and others we’re probably forcing that decision. (Just a couple of thoughts: We didn’t know this Arkansas game would be part of the ticket package until AFTER we applied for tickets. Then the explanation came. Some season-ticket holder’s would not have spoken for tickets if they would’ve had that information.) Anyway, just disgusted in how this game was handled.
    IMO, they will have more cases of Covid because far more people will be gathering, eating and drinking in confined areas.
    Spreading out at the dome with masks on = safer. But if they’re going to change the risk level again, it’s a whole different ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    After this gutless decision and assuming I get 4 home games next Spring, I will be requestimg NDSU refund the cost of tickets I already paid for 2 non -conference games. They can keep my teammaker donation, but the fact is why should I pay for games they decided not to have? Have yet to hear anything about refunds that will be given.
    Go to gobison.com there is a form that you can fill out asking for a refund. There is a place where you can type in your message.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I received a call from Derrek Lang Monday... The day before they announced no fans at this game.
    I will be emailing him.... I’ve changed my mind about my donation. This announcement was inconsiderately late. Yes, I understand public health and others we’re probably forcing that decision. (Just a couple of thoughts: We didn’t know this Arkansas game would be part of the ticket package until AFTER we applied for tickets. Then the explanation came. Some season-ticket holder’s would not have spoken for tickets if they would’ve had that information.) Anyway, just disgusted in how this game was handled.
    IMO, they will have more cases of Covid because far more people will be gathering, eating and drinking in confined areas.
    Spreading out at the dome with masks on = safer. But if they’re going to change the risk level again, it’s a whole different ballgame.
    bravo. gutless. 3 days b4. wow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

this thread got mentioned on 1100am this morning. haha they agreed with it

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Forever? Not sure where you’re getting that from?
    We’re not going to eradicate a respiratory virus by ‘staying home’. You’ll see a pattern of shutting down, re-open, shutting down like Israel and some other countries are experiencing. IMO a vaccine isn’t going to be efficacious enough to satisfy our government overlords so what is the endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this thread got mentioned on 1100am this morning. haha they agreed with it
    Seems like a big day for you, congrats.....and it only took starting 40 near identical threads to get mentioned on local AM radio.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    We’re not going to eradicate a respiratory virus by ‘staying home’. You’ll see a pattern of shutting down, re-open, shutting down like Israel and some other countries are experiencing. IMO a vaccine isn’t going to be efficacious enough to satisfy our government overlords so what is the endgame?
    I agree you’re not going to eradicate it. We’ve only ever eradicated one virus. Fortunately, that’s not the standard.

You just need a good enough vaccine to get and keep the transmission rate down in combination with other sustainable interventions and improved medical treatments. 50% efficacy is the stated threshold from “our government overlords.” Then some of the following or some others that work and really aren’t that disruptive in some combination: sanitize your hands, don’t shake hands, no Euro kisses (not going to miss that), $1 paper test kits, we should probably be wearing masks at large public gatherings already anyway (cities with professional sports franchises have 25% more flu per capita than those that don’t).
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Seems like a big day for you, congrats.....and it only took starting 40 near identical threads to get mentioned on local AM radio.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I agree you’re not going to eradicate it. We’ve only ever eradicated one virus. Fortunately, that’s not the standard.

You just need a good enough vaccine to get and keep the transmission rate down in combination with other sustainable interventions and improved medical treatments. 50% efficacy is the stated threshold from “our government overlords.” Then some of the following or some others that work and really aren’t that disruptive in some combination: sanitize your hands, don’t shake hands, no Euro kisses (not going to miss that), $1 paper test kits, we should probably be wearing masks at large public gatherings already anyway (cities with professional sports franchises have 25% more flu per capita than those that don’t).
    THIS. is a fantastic post. #trustscience
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    psh.. old hat. ESPN a couple times were enough for me

every media outlet should be crucifying this gutless decision!! 3 days away from game and the rug is pulled on US FANS!

NDSU had a Chance to give a big FFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUU to all the soft nancies out there in the world.