Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gutless NDSU decision

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gutless NDSU decision

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    In your mind......so more small businesses going out of business is greater good......that is what will happen when you shut down everything.
    over here in adult land, people are avoiding business anyway even though things are 'open'

forcing open busines just increases the burn rate and they die even faster
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Right. But you’re talking about a world with no in-person events; sports, concerts, rallies, etc. 100% virtual learning, no brick and mortar businesses period. Forever. Just doesn’t sound that great to me.
    Forever? Not sure where you’re getting that from?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    The Americans I admire the most are the innovators. The ones who see a challenge and tackle it with new ideas and new solutions, not the ones who shout definently at the wind.
    What drugs are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Millions? Really???

1918 Flu killed only 675,000 over a two year period.

Early on the range of expected deaths from covid-19 was between 100,000 to 200,000 which we've already blown threw.
    This model predicted 2.2 million deaths in the US
    https://www.hpnonline.com/infection-...n-deaths-in-us

Us population in 1918 - 103 million
    Us population in 2020 - 331 million

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

After this gutless decision and assuming I get 4 home games next Spring, I will be requestimg NDSU refund the cost of tickets I already paid for 2 non -conference games. They can keep my teammaker donation, but the fact is why should I pay for games they decided not to have? Have yet to hear anything about refunds that will be given.

After this gutless decision and assuming I get 4 home games next Spring, I will be requestimg NDSU refund the cost of tickets I already paid for 2 non -conference games. They can keep my teammaker donation, but the fact is why should I pay for games they decided not to have? Have yet to hear anything about refunds that will be given.
    Refund information was received in an email from Teammakers shortly after this decision was made.

533 In a row

The 1918 flu was terrible in part because of who it killed. It was primarily the healthy because it would overstimulate the immune system. That generated so many orphans or single parent situations. It was really awful. There are a lot of differences between it and the current pandemic.
    My grandmother also talked about young people who survived the 1918 flu but they were never the same. They were forever weak or had neurological issues the rest of their lives. (I suppose that is yet to be understood in the current pandemic.)
    It was also seasonal and subsided in the summers. Then it all of a sudden mutated in early winter of the third year and the deaths dropped dramatically. Crazy. It is a reminder that we can't control as many things as we think we can.
    (Courtesy of a history channel episode I watched several years ago.)
    "Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy." - The Tick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This model predicted 2.2 million deaths in the US
    https://www.hpnonline.com/infection-...n-deaths-in-us

Us population in 1918 - 103 million
    Us population in 2020 - 331 million
    In the (unlikely) absence of any control measures or spontaneous changes in individual behavior,
    So a model based on the unlikely assumptions of zero attempts at containment. Nice try. Early models had a range of 100k to 200k deaths. I can post the video of Trump and his constantly rising predictions too if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Refund information was received in an email from Teammakers shortly after this decision was made.
    Nobody has contacted me yet. I have paid for several games for which the dates have gone by. Just not good business.

I know this will fall on deaf ears---Call them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."