Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Deion Sanders rumored as HC at Jackson State

Default Re: Deion Sanders rumored as HC at Jackson State

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

If anyone can actually make it all the way through this, you did better than me.
    2 things that annoyed me

He compared us to Nebraska moving down. Although I think we would beat Nebraska right now.

Calling Jackson State "the black school" is lame AF. I know the SWAC is a historically black conference but it has no relevance in 2022. Back in the racist days of the south (pre civil rights era) they wouldn't allow black kids at southern schools. Alabama (Yep, the Nick Saban Alabama) didnt have a black player until 1966. That makes me want to vomit. Black players probably didn't feel to welcome anywhere in country back then and faced discrimination, so I can see why the swac was big and it was truly a black conference.

However the Big 10 and northern schools had black players in the early 1900s. The first black QB played in Minnesota. North Dakota had the first black player in 1935. NDSU had black players before Alabama did

Back in 1965, when NDSU beat Grambling for a National Championship, they were a legitimate south east all star team of black kids who didn't go to (what was the power 5) back then.

So our 1965 team was outmatched from a pure talent standpoint, which made that Championship season impressive AF. But if we were to play Grambling today, we would beat them with our backups 50-0

Fast forward to 2022
    All the best black kids go to the best southern schools in the SEC. Including Alabama. A majority of college football players in the Power 5 are black kids.

So the SWAC conference isnt "a black conference" today. In 2022, Its a conference where all the mediocre players who couldnt earn a D1 scholarship to a top program go and the footprint happens to be in predominantly black populated areas. And despite popular belief, there are white kids at swac schools

Most of the kids on swac schools would choose a Missouri Valley team if offered. We beat swac schools all the time for recruits. We did this year for a Georgia kid

Deon Sanders and Jackson State is an outlier in that conference because he's beaten Alabama for players

But calling them the black school is disrespectful and trivializes all the black players who dealt with racism back in the old days
    Last edited by HerdBot; 08-22-2022 at 03:38 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

If anyone can actually make it all the way through this, you did better than me.
    My favorite part is at the end when he’s talking about a hypothetical 2025 matchup he says it’s impossible to predict because the kids that will be playing in that game haven’t even entered high school yet, then added they haven’t even hit puberty or kissed a girl yet.

Top rate analysis right there! [emoji1782]

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    My favorite part is at the end when he’s talking about a hypothetical 2025 matchup he says it’s impossible to predict because the kids that will be playing in that game haven’t even entered high school yet, then added they haven’t even hit puberty or kissed a girl yet.

Top rate analysis right there! [emoji1782]
    Yeah math isn't his strong suit considering out 2023 recruiting class is going to sign in 4 months and will be on campus in the fall of next year and our last 2 recruiting classes will be Juniors and Seniors. Those are players like Cole Payton. Bryce Lance, and Mekhi Collins. Its hard to project but its obvious our current class and the last 2 are as talented as any class weve ever had.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah math isn't his strong suit considering out 2023 recruiting class is going to sign in 4 months and will be on campus in the fall of next year and our last 2 recruiting classes will be Juniors and Seniors. Those are players like Cole Payton. Bryce Lance, and Mekhi Collins. Its hard to project but its obvious our current class and the last 2 are as talented as any class weve ever had.
    There is a lot that isnt his stong suit. Holy buckets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Looks like he'll have his pick of 3 pretty good jobs and is planning to announce his decision to go to one of them after the SWAC Championship game on Saturday:

https://twitter.com/ODonnellFox13/st...46120331632640

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/s...fqmqW3mqykZ57A

Deion to Colorado it appears. We get to find out how good of a "coach" he is.
    I think he'll likely act more like a GM, and try to assemble top players and coaches to run things.

We'll be playing some 5 Stars in that game in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We'll be playing some 5 Stars in that game in 2024.
    I'm glad he's going there.
    1) Colorado was 1-11 this year. If he turns things around, this could be a big game for us.
    2) We will find out if Deion is a winner, or just a bunch of hype

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/s...fqmqW3mqykZ57A

Deion to Colorado it appears. We get to find out how good of a "coach" he is.
    I think he'll likely act more like a GM, and try to assemble top players and coaches to run things.
    He jumped at his first chance to FBS and went for a terrible no good program....guess he didn't REALLY LOVE HBCU's like he claimed.
    Too bad for the kids he conned into going there. Other than the 4 and 5 stars he will take with him.

Yes, I know coaches leave all the time, but Deion was adamant he wanted to coach HBCU as it was his passion to bring them attention and help the kids there.....but yea, not really. He wants to be Nick Saban. Did anyone really believe he doesn't want the spotlight?

It actually makes sense he went to Colorado. The Pac 12 will be worthless after USC and UCLA are gone in 2 years. Oregon will certainly jump ship as well, with Utah and Stanford close behind in moving.
    He'll be in a shit conference and win at will. Make him look good, and one step closer to his actual goal of coaching a top tier SEC team.
    I'd beware for any recruits that go to Colorado 2 years from now...he's looking to move as quick as possible.