Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deion Sanders rumored as HC at Jackson State

Default Re: Deion Sanders rumored as HC at Jackson State

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So fun going to road games at Towsen with 6k fans or Weber with 4k fans. We can watch them on FLO TV with student announcers and then win by 3 TDs while running out the clock the 2nd half

Dont get me wrong I love playing Montana and EWU but we only get them so often.

I doubt the current version of JSU would be last place in the Missouri Valley. Ten years ago pre Deon maybe
    Check the sagarin and get back to us. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Mike Zimmer is joining Prime Time’s staff. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...jackson-state/
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I don’t think NDSU should sleep on these guys.

The difference between good and really good is attitude, and willing to work a bit harder than the other guys to be the best.

They are picking up talent. And have swagger.

If Deion/Zimmer combo can get those kids to believe and work for it??

Keep talking bros. It’s all talk when we do it also.

Imagine Sam Houston. Only good. With good coaching. Lots of Taiwan Joneses.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    I don’t think NDSU should sleep on these guys.

The difference between good and really good is attitude, and willing to work a bit harder than the other guys to be the best.

They are picking up talent. And have swagger.

If Deion/Zimmer combo can get those kids to believe and work for it??

Keep talking bros. It’s all talk when we do it also.

Imagine Sam Houston. Only good. With good coaching. Lots of Taiwan Joneses.
    I guess I'd rather imagine Indiana State. Who they're ranked next to in the Sagarin
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Sagarin is typically pretty accurate but not when you have a weak conference and only 1 good team. They are an outlier. No other SWAC team has the #1 recruit in the nation and dozens of 4-5 star players who will develop over the next few years. How many SWAC teams hire freaking Mike Zimmer to be an assistant.

We would clearly beat them. We pretty much beat everyone including the #2 team in the Championship game. But at this point, we can't schedule anyone and I find it interesting.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Hey good for these guys! They are attempted to step up and raise the level of competition in their conference. It sounds like everything we have been asking for in the whole division.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sagarin is typically pretty accurate but not when you have a weak conference and only 1 good team. They are an outlier. No other SWAC team has the #1 recruit in the nation and dozens of 4-5 star players who will develop over the next few years. How many SWAC teams hire freaking Mike Zimmer to be an assistant.

We would clearly beat them. We pretty much beat everyone including the #2 team in the Championship game. But at this point, we can't schedule anyone and I find it interesting.
    You sure this is the hill to die on? JSU isn't good. It looks like they want to improve and maybe they will, but right now they're just another SWAC team. In 2021 they lost to LA-Monroe(FBS in name only, 146 Sagarin), beat FAMU 7-6 who then got slaughtered in the playoffs by 124 SELA, and struggled against D2 Delta St. From the box score Delta turned over on downs at the 7 yard line with 5 seconds left. A TD would have tied the game. With how open the transfer portal is I'd be surprised if all these stellar recruits stay put once they see the reality of college football.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    You sure this is the hill to die on? JSU isn't good. It looks like they want to improve and maybe they will, but right now they're just another SWAC team. In 2021 they lost to LA-Monroe(FBS in name only, 146 Sagarin), beat FAMU 7-6 who then got slaughtered in the playoffs by 124 SELA, and struggled against D2 Delta St. From the box score Delta turned over on downs at the 7 yard line with 5 seconds left. A TD would have tied the game. With how open the transfer portal is I'd be surprised if all these stellar recruits stay put once they see the reality of college football.
    Depends some on the money and program prestige really.
    If Texas Tech, UT or OSU step up with a big offer, they could be gone. They won't jump to SHSU or FIU though.
    On the other side, supposedly JSU has some money rolling in too, and if your coaches have NFL connections, that might motivate them as well.

There's a lot more variables to this than just FCS vs FBS.
    Deion does need to win though, or eventually top talent won't be as interested.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    So you're saying you don't think a Deion Sanders and Brad Childress coached team with uber talent that is in the process of developing will someday become a good program. And you think theg will all leave. Ok

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com