Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deion Sanders rumored as HC at Jackson State

Default Re: Deion Sanders rumored as HC at Jackson State

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Absolutely. The number of overly confident JSU fans whos dreams will be crushed is absolutely a selling point for scheduling the game.
    Hey they stomped Tennessee State last year 38-17 at the Liberty Bowl in front of 50,000. But hey, JSU is apparently a bad swac team.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hey they stomped Tennessee State last year 38-17 at the Liberty Bowl in front of 50,000. But hey, JSU is apparently a bad swac team.
    Bad SWAC team, Good SWAC team... in Fargo the difference would be immaterial. But they got Dion, so that would be fun.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So we should just shut down the program and not schedule any interesting? We won't get any home games if we don't offer home and homes, unless you want to play the Dragons. They beat Tennessee State last year in Memphis and we are apparently excited to go to Memphis

How many FCS teams get the #1 recruit in the nation?

They went 8-0 in conference play and appeared to improve
    Their home games draw 50,000
    Yet another strawman argument. I literally said not one part of that. JSU is not a good team. They're not exciting other than their media darling of a coach. They'd almost certainly finish last in the Valley if they went through the full meat grinder. Maybe they'll beat out WIU but that's not a good thing.
    H&H against teams like EWU, Montana, Towson, Delaware, Weber, etc are far more interesting than JSU.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Yet another strawman argument. I literally said not one part of that. JSU is not a good team. They're not exciting other than their media darling of a coach. They'd almost certainly finish last in the Valley if they went through the full meat grinder. Maybe they'll beat out WIU but that's not a good thing.
    H&H against teams like EWU, Montana, Towson, Delaware, Weber, etc are far more interesting than JSU.
    TOWSON! Did you say TOWSON?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    So fun going to road games at Towsen with 6k fans or Weber with 4k fans. We can watch them on FLO TV with student announcers and then win by 3 TDs while running out the clock the 2nd half

Dont get me wrong I love playing Montana and EWU but we only get them so often.

I doubt the current version of JSU would be last place in the Missouri Valley. Ten years ago pre Deon maybe

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

never thought NDSU would be thrown around to schedule a fucking SWAC team...wow

I dont care how many stars they recruited they suck

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    never thought NDSU would be thrown around to schedule a fucking SWAC team...wow

I dont care how many stars they recruited they suck
    ^^^This^^^
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Absolutely. The number of overly confident JSU fans whos dreams will be crushed is absolutely a selling point for scheduling the game.
    It would be best if the first half of a home and home was at their place.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I think it would be good for college football if the best HBCU teams were better than they have been of late and I hope that they can get there.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It would be best if the first half of a home and home was at their place.
    We'd better set the buyout at several million in that case. We don't have a good history with people pussing out of the return game.