Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Saturdays

Default Re: Super Saturdays

I thought it was crystal clear Pepsi, OK Soda, and crystal clear gravy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
    I thought it was crystal clear Pepsi, OK Soda, and crystal clear gravy?
    I liked Crystal Pepsi. :-[ :-/
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Herd_Mentality Guest

Dude....Thunder the "Bleacher Creature" was by far the worst PR disaster ever...far worse than scream yellow.

JBB Guest

I sat next to the guy who came up with Bison Water at O'Learys in West Fargo during the Delta State game. He thought the name held the product back.

Quote Originally Posted by sornball
    Haven't seen it, but it has to be better than "Scream Yellow"
    :-[
    sornball, I hate it when you're right.

That said, I've made stool samples that were better than most of the ads coming out of Grand Forks.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Thunder the Bleacher Creature was horrible, but at least Thunder wasn't plastered all over billboards and tv.

Nobody liked the scream yellow slogan, but do you remember any other slogans from NDSU or other local schools over the past 5 years, so maybe the slogan did more good than most people realize. It is embedded in the memories of fans & foes. Just something to think about.

For that matter, what are some of the best/worst season slogans that you've seen done for the Bison?

The Manitoba Bisons have used a few with varying degrees of "success":

• 1997: Bison Football - Thunder on the Prairie
      1998: Same as 1997
      1999: Run with the Herd in '99, don't be left in the dust!
      2000: Same as 1999, except substitute New Millenium instead of '99
      2001: Bison Football - Taking care of Unfinished Business (2000 conference championship game was lost in last :21 of the game)
      2002: Bison Football...Have you Herd the Rumble?

Of course, I'll take blame for the 1999-2001 slogans, having written the game scripts.

I guess "Scream Yellow" isn't the worst thing that could be imagined. The Edmonton Eskimos are on their third season of using "Defend the Turf".

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are notorious for coming out with cryptic season slogans. 1993 had the best one so far "The Guts and the Glory"...2005's is "Free the Fan".

The Winnipeg Jets had an annoying habit of tweaking their playoff campaign slogans to serve as the following season's slogan. The 1987 team that defeated the Calgary Flames in 6 games (and then got swept by the Oilers en route to Edmonton's 3rd Stanley Cup) used "Good Guys Wear White.", changed to "Lightning on Ice" for 1987-1988 (same music used).

1989-1990's regular season slogan was "New Attitude, New Altitude" (they also played an exhibition game at the old Ralph). The playoff slogan was "Charge of the White Brigade (Welcome to Winnipeg Style)". 1990-1991 brought us the sound alike "Winnipeg Style".

1991-92 had what could have been the worst campaign ever..."Show Time", where each game was given a movie title. "Wayne's World" for when the L.A. Kings came to town, etc.

"Scream Yellow"? I guess it could be worse.