Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Jordan Aaberg

Default Re: RIP Jordan Aaberg

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    me slick , burgandy & ricky bobby went to watch him as a senior in HS in Tiny Rothsay HS , he put up 42 points 24 rebounds (class 1a ) and at halftime we all went on court to make a 3 pointer for a bottle of coke for $1/shot raising money for rothsay 4H draining 3s. then sat at the Rothsay bar and closed it down on a snowy thursday night. ive known him since then, great family, this sucks.

RIP the original Prairie Chicken Bison!!
    Dang, Sid. You really do know everyone.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Not only buy, but complete the beneficiary info on the insurance and any other financials.
    PODs on your cash accounts as well

Also, get a will in order, especially with kids.

I speak from experience dealing with this multiple times within the last 3+ years
    Thanks, Wally, for the heads-up. To an old dog like me, POD was an acronym for my high school class, Problems of Democracy; never heard about Payable On Death. What does Payable On Death all entail? just bank cash accounts? what about 401k's? and stock, bonds, etc? In SD, a hand written will by me is golden in the eyes of the SD court system as long as it is signed and dated at the bottom of EACH page.

My understanding from the few situations I've been a part of recently is that property transfers by POD happen at the moment of death(confirmed by death certificate) and bypass any probate. I'm interested if that understanding is correct, so anyone please correct it if it's wrong.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is terrible. I feel horrible for his family.

I thought if Jordan could have been healthy he would have been an all conference player along side Bjorkland. We were so talented on those teams.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Amazing Facebook post on Jordans impact on a NDSU fan with special needs that passed away in 2016. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000031073450

$15,000 in GoFundMe in 12 hours. Bravo BisoNation. There will be a box set up at Funeral/Irish Wake at Powerhouse Im presuming.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 09-10-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354626

1st thing my wife thought being Tall people are commonly associated with this & seldom even know it.
    Wolff-Parkinson-White-Syndrome
    Is this what he died from or is this just wonderment?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I had a good friend who was a pretty good boxer who had to end his career because of this diagnosis. He was in amazing shape, run a marathon a week kind of guy. He had no idea and they only found it because of a fluke test while they were checking for something else.

It's a silent killer for sure.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    My understanding from the few situations I've been a part of recently is that property transfers by POD happen at the moment of death(confirmed by death certificate) and bypass any probate. I'm interested if that understanding is correct, so anyone please correct it if it's wrong.
    This is my understanding also. Just about every account I have, such as private insurance, employer disability, 401k, and so on, has a spot online to put in beneficiaries. These will bypass probate. I do still need to get a will set up, should have years ago, because there are other things that would still have to go through probate. When I get the will, I'll switch all the online beneficiaries to my estate so there is one place to manage everything. Except for the policy below.

Grandpa was a Lutheran Brotherhood agent and set up/paid for a modest policy for funeral expenses for each grandkid at birth in case of the worst, when our parents were starting out without a lot of savings. As an adult, I still have that policy so that it provides an instant source of funding while the rest of the estate payout process winds through. The person I want to handle things is listed as the beneficiary and, like you said, just has to show LB/Thrivent the death cert to get paid out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    nothing released yet.

Fundraiser is doing tremendous. Hopefully pay for medical, funeral and leftovers for his daughters college!