Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on the struggle bars / restaurants are having with no Bison Football

Default Article on the struggle bars / restaurants are having with no Bison Football

https://www.inforum.com/community/ev...only-fall-game

Screw the Fairgrounds but please support the local businesses.

Herd and Horns is a big deal. It's one of the coolest places in town and is a big deal being by campus. Hell I think they even bring recruits there.

Try to support your favorite local places like Chubs Pub, Sammy's, Bison Turf, Tailgaters, etc

And consider all these bars and restaurants will see their capacity cut in half when the winter weather hits. (No outdoor seating)

Feel free to add your favorite area restaurant

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Article on the struggle bars / restaurants are having with no Bison Football

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/community/ev...only-fall-game

Screw the Fairgrounds but please support the local businesses.

Herd and Horns is a big deal. It's one of the coolest places in town and is a big deal being by campus. Hell I think they even bring recruits there.

Try to support your favorite local places like Chubs Pub, Sammy's, Bison Turf, Tailgaters, etc

And consider all these bars and restaurants will see their capacity cut in half when the winter weather hits. (No outdoor seating)

Feel free to add your favorite area restaurant
    Has Herd and Horns changed a lot? I didn't care for it when I was in town, but I assume I am in the minority there. Turf or bust.
    College of Business Alumnus

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Article on the struggle bars / restaurants are having with no Bison Football

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Has Herd and Horns changed a lot? I didn't care for it when I was in town, but I assume I am in the minority there. Turf or bust.
    Great bar for students. Simple menu, and really cheap meal and beer options with a student ID. 2 dollar beers all day every day. 4 dollar grilled cheese. 7 dollar burger.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I ask you this... what's the last time you've been to the Turf? If it's been a while go drop a few bucks. They looked slow this summer and they put a lot of money into that place since the fire. It's kind of non replaceable

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Next time you want a pizza, try Sammys, Spicy Pie, Duanes, or Rhombus Guys

Next time you go to the liquor store, grab a 6 pack of Fargo Brewing or a 4 pack of Drekker. They have it at most area liquor stores

Next time you want to eat out, try something different than the Olive Garden or Applebees. How about Mezzaluna or Toscana. How about Wurst Bier Hall or The Boiler Room? So many awesome places and most are probably struggling

The Ho Do shut down for a few weeks. They reopened the Hotel but the restaurant and bar is remaining closed. Not sure when it will reopen

HerdBot, you should host a Bisonville Friday lunch at all the places around campus...one each week: Herd and Horns, Turf, Chubs, etc to help these guys out.

Toscana is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    HerdBot, you should host a Bisonville Friday lunch at all the places around campus...one each week: Herd and Horns, Turf, Chubs, etc to help these guys out.

Toscana is closed.
    Sign me up.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Great bar for students. Simple menu, and really cheap meal and beer options with a student ID. 2 dollar beers all day every day. 4 dollar grilled cheese. 7 dollar burger.
    If you are asking has Herds and Horns changed a lot from its original menu? Yes. Much better menu then the original. Ownership has spent a lot of time and dollars to figure out what works next to a college. Behind the concept of cheap beer and burgers. The facility caters to a larger audience then the poor college students. You go in over lunch. College admin, professors and local business meetings are being held.

If you haven't been there in awhile, its a good place to try and worth the trip north to see what is going on the campus.

With that is mind. What is being built Northwest of the Union. Tore down the old Chem Lab building and something new is going.

To me this is like small town shopping.

If you want these guys to be around in the long-run you need to be their customer today.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Still just in awe with all we know about how and where covid gets transmitted (poorly ventilated and crowded places) that packing the fargodome concourses is fine but tailgating is just too risky. Please help me take this seriously.