Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2022 Recruiting Updates

get us nto the top 100... NDSU deserves top.100 with how successful we've been
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    One could argue with how successful they've been they have been in the top 100 every year. Just not on a list you want them to be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    What did you see when you tapped on the links I provided???
    Try tapping them, here they are again……

https://247sports.com/player/austin-altepeter-46101225/

https://247sports.com/player/max-rader-46117638/

Yeah, that’s right, the 247Sports rating for both Altepeter and Rader is 3, yes three stars by 247. Rader has a number grade of 85 and Altepeter 80.

Now, if you don’t understand what the difference between 247Sports and a 247Sports Composite is, ask a question rather than having a hissy fit.
    My Dad always said you learn more when your mouth is closed……

Sad part is you were schooled on the 247Sports Composite last recruiting season by someone else, I’m not sure who now but that Bisonviller did a nice job explaining it.
    Lakes reverts back to his standard MO when you point out he's wrong.....again. Just posts again and ignores the fact that he was shown to be wrong....again.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

What do you mean, when you say We?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Any chance El Chapo can take a week break? Signing day and semi final week. He posts/derails every single thread to make the arrow point at him. Could be a fun week.

This should be such a positive week/thread for so many student athletes to celebrate. Lets stay positive.
    Burgundy was absolutely right with this post.
    El Chapo couldn’t even give NDSU a 24 hour break to enjoy the fun week.
    He had to continue putting down Bison recruits/recruiting/players/program etc……as he has been doing for years

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    What do you mean, when you say We?!
    That sure sums it up, glad you caught that.
    Like Burgundy said “ He posts/derails every single thread to make the arrow point at him.”

Here is Wikipedia definition of Composite:

247Sports Composite

The Composite aggregates the public ratings for a prospect by the major recruiting services using a propriety algorithm. The Composite originally combined the ratings from 247Sports' in-house ratings, Rivals.com, ESPN, and Scout.com.
    247Sports seems the best at covering our base recruiting region - ND/MN/WI/IA/SD/NE

But even they don’t cover very often the non-metro areas of those states.
    Rivals would be next best, but again not exactly complete coverage.
    If they know of recruits like Jacob Knuth or Carson Hegerle sure they will rank and cover them individually.
    ESPN, well, don’t know if they cover the region at all, except again the Twin Cities & metro areas.

I’ve read, in the last 2 weeks, complaints on both Iowa and Wisconsin’s 247 sites about how their recruits aren’t accurately rated due to the ESPN situation. And also what they call TOS.
    The Other Site. They try not to refer to Rivals by name while on 247.
    Anyways, even TOS is thought not to cover their recruits as well as 247.

To sum it up, jmo, 247Sports number gets pulled down by Rivals & ESPN being in the Composite. So to me the 247Sports number is most relevant.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-16-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Here is Wikipedia definition of Composite:

247Sports seems the best at covering our base recruiting region - ND/MN/WI/IA/SD/NE

But even they don’t cover very often the non-metro areas of those states.
    Rivals would be next best, but again not exactly complete coverage.
    If they know of recruits like Jacob Knuth or Carson Hegerle sure they will rank and cover them individually.
    ESPN, well, don’t know if they cover the region at all, except again the Twin Cities & metro areas.

I’ve read, in the last 2 weeks, complaints on both Iowa and Wisconsin’s 247 sites about how their recruits aren’t accurately rated due to the ESPN situation. And also what they call TOS.
    The Other Site. They try not to refer to Rivals by name while on 247.
    Anyways, even TOS is thought not to cover their recruits as well as 247.

To sum it up, jmo, 247Sports number gets pulled down by Rivals & ESPN being in the Composite. So to me the 247Sports number is most relevant.
    Great post

YOU ASS. I'm not putting down NDSU. and I don't give a shit about attention

I'm posting the national recruiting standings. we are 127. we did better than Dakotas/MVFC.

but we lost our 2 top recruits 3 stars and right now only have 2 guys with FBS offers out of 27-30 or whatever.

those are facts. you're insane. but enjoy the duckies & bunnies in your head!!

apparently demanding better doesn't work for some of us, it's hard for you. I get it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

YOU ASS. I'm not putting down NDSU. and I don't give a shit about attention

I'm posting the national recruiting standings. we are 127. we did better than Dakotas/MVFC.

but we lost our 2 top recruits 3 stars and right now only have 2 guys with FBS offers out of 27-30 or whatever.

those are facts. you're insane. but enjoy the duckies & bunnies in your head!!

apparently demanding better doesn't work for some of us, it's hard for you. I get it.
    The "fact" you are referring to is that recruiting services consistently rank NDSU's recruiting classes way lower than they should. It seems like what you want is for the perception of NDSU's recruiting classes to improve? But why? Reality > Perception.