Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruiting Updates

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    My point is that if NDSU whiffed on Weah, it's no big deal unless he is beating us, which he hasn't. He can have all the individual accolades he wants and get drafted 1st in the NFL draft and it would all be irrelevant if he never beat us.
    Horrible take. Kids a stud and would be the best back on our roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, the kid isn't on our roster, either because he didn't want to be a Bison or the coaching staff saw a risk. Don't care. We aren't suffering because of it. Win with what ya got.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Imma be kind and say that is a wierd way to look at it. He would be the best running back on our roster. Not having a guy that would be starting is a miss.
    Meh, they didn't "miss"...they knew what he was and decided that despite the ability, there were other risks they didn't want to deal with. Despite his success at UND, those issues have shown up. So I'd say they assessed the situation correctly. That doesn't mean he won't have success at UND.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

He would have been the best power back but looking at our roster, between Bussey, Kobe, Luepke, TaMerik, Dom, and TK... not to mention possibly Quincy Patterson, if we can keep those guys healthy, we will be able to put some looks on the field that could be as good as anything we've had

Bussey and Kobe are much more dangerous when you have to account for a fullback and QB that are actual threats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

hahaha. no way.

Kobe/Seth W much better
    Luepke is about the same

Adam Cofield was here as well who is FBS talent.
    Tamerick will be good
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hahaha. no way.

Kobe/Seth W much better
    Luepke is about the same

Adam Cofield was here as well who is FBS talent.
    Tamerick will be good
    what are you talking about Lakes? almost none of that makes any sense

Weah > Kobe (SO FAR)

Weah > Seth lol I love seth, but do you think youd rather have a 1st team all american starting for you or someone who is guaranteed not to play ONE SNAP for you for at least 2 seasons in a row? cmon

Luepke > Weah we saw this matchup in persona and Lupke absolutely took over

Weah > Cofield as hes NOT EVEN ON OUR TEAM lol

We have no idea how good or bad Tammerick will be. I sure hope hes good.

Weah is great player, doesnt mean he's a miss for us, but it doenst mean Seth wilson is gonna out play him in a full body cast
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Meh, they didn't "miss"...they knew what he was and decided that despite the ability, there were other risks they didn't want to deal with. Despite his success at UND, those issues have shown up. So I'd say they assessed the situation correctly. That doesn't mean he won't have success at UND.
    If he wasn't a good fit personality/character wise, then it's the correct call no matter what imo.if they didn't think he could ever shape up academically then they (in the end) guessed wrong and missed. If a pitcher throws a big looping curve ball and it ends up in the strike zone it's a strike. Don't matter where it is halfway. Good player and I do believe he would be the best back on the team currently.

Must spread rep.....Gully is 100% correct.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Otis was a monumental academic risk for UND. They invested ALOT into him learning how to be a student. We all knew it was a high risk high reward situation when he signed. It didn’t work out at first. Then he figured it out. Good for him. There is no way NDSU should have offered him. Too much to loose.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    If he wasn't a good fit personality/character wise, then it's the correct call no matter what imo.if they didn't think he could ever shape up academically then they (in the end) guessed wrong and missed. If a pitcher throws a big looping curve ball and it ends up in the strike zone it's a strike. Don't matter where it is halfway. Good player and I do believe he would be the best back on the team currently.
    I wouldn’t say he had questionable character. He had a questionable start to life which set him up for failure. Bad habits do not necessarily mean bad character.