Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2022 Recruiting Updates

this time of year combined with covid schollies screwing up everyone's balance sheets, it's a mess & everyone is going to be affected. if you didn't jump on an offer earlier that's on you.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was never overly excited about him. (I said this when we offered him.) A 6' 0" DT is very D2. Our current DTs are 6-2 to 6-4 and that's what we've always won with.. This kid is 6-0 and he doesn't look like he has room to grow (he's 280) so he's basically close to his peak now. He's too small to be an olineman except center. Seems like a nice kid who wants to go to med school and maybe he will good player but probably not a stud
    I think LS could be an all-conference NG. I don't think that it is a coincidence that Trevor Brown gave NDSU a verbal the day after Lucas committed to UND.

Interesting looking at the commit number by state of the 28 so far in this year's class.

Minnesota: 14
    Wisconsin: 6
    North Dakota: 3
    Illinois: 2
    Kansas: 1
    Nebraska: 1
    South Dakota: 1

Really heavy in Minnesota and completely upper Midwest (so far).

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think LS could be an all-conference NG. I don't think that it is a coincidence that Trevor Brown gave NDSU a verbal the day after Lucas committed to UND.
    I didn’t think that was coincidence either.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Interesting looking at the commit number by state of the 28 so far in this year's class.

Minnesota: 14
    Wisconsin: 6
    North Dakota: 3
    Illinois: 2
    Kansas: 1
    Nebraska: 1
    South Dakota: 1

Really heavy in Minnesota and completely upper Midwest (so far).
    Please tell me we didn’t offer money to Schwiegert?!(spelling) watching their game against Sheyenne. The kid from NE is way better and bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    Please tell me we didn’t offer money to Schwiegert?!(spelling) watching their game against Sheyenne. The kid from NE is way better and bigger!
    And..............looks like he just beat up a librarian.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    And..............looks like he just beat up a librarian.
    Wait... what?

There are two unforgiveable things in my world, and laying hands on a librarian are both of them.

Tom Miller’s article on Lucas Schweigert commit to Fighting Hawks

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...xA6iMo.twitter

And Tony, in case you did not know, as a Forum subscriber you can log into any other newspaper the Forum owns

I think he will be a solid player but I just don't see him being a stud. As far as we know, Brown could have gave his verbal to the coaches a few days before he announced.

If we wanted LS over Brown it's because attrition is lower for in state players and it's just a safer pick. And of lesser importance, since Nebraska isn't a reciprocity state, each out of state player costs about 25 grand more over 5 years.

So if 2 players are equal, you would always pick the ND kid. But personally I think Brown is vastly superior and has All American type potential. But he's also the type of player who could get a late Big 10 or Big 12 offe making him riskier. No Big 10 team will come in late to get LS

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

saw a BIG man (OL) at dome yesterday with his parents in the hallway when it was 30-0 I blurted out, Hope you have a good visit & come to NDSU!.. his dad looks me right in the eye.. "wish it wasn't so COLD!" I said, look up Detroit Lakes Beach...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?