Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU v UNI Rivalry NOT PROTECTED??

Default NDSU v UNI Rivalry NOT PROTECTED??

I can't believe this. It absolutely needs it's own thread.

Get Patty V on the phone and Matt Larson. How do these 2 allow this to happen?? total incompetence
    NDSU vs UNI has been a heated rivalry since Day 1.

UNI sacked us 10 times at UNI in 1 of the first games, then the next game their LB punched our RB on the sideline!

NDSU vs UNI is what going D1 was all about. 2 great programs & great trips to Cedar Falls every other year with 2500-4000 NDSU fans, its so intense!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: NDSU v UNI Rivalry NOT PROTECTED??

Yep. But we now get teh hockies

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

When was the last time UNI beat us? Lol I feel like we’ve lost to Indiana State more recently than them.

Chapo if you’re still hanging on to a punch thrown 11 years ago... gotta look forward to greener pastures man.

UNI slapped our hands the first time we reached for their MVFC crown but they’ve since accepted their position as conference beta

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm with Lakes on this one. The UNI game is generally the funnest and most intense game on our Valley schedule. When a game pisses of both sides enough that no rivalry trophy is needed because bragging rights are good enough, it needs to be played annually. 99.9% of Bison fans would rather have UNI as a protected rivalry over USD and UND, but alas we have been pigeon holed by the conference, thanks Patty.

Id rather play UNI than USD. Does the Valley do 2 protected games? It's a very unique matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I can't believe this. It absolutely needs it's own thread.

Get Patty V on the phone and Matt Larson. How do these 2 allow this to happen?? total incompetence
    NDSU vs UNI has been a heated rivalry since Day 1.

UNI sacked us 10 times at UNI in 1 of the first games, then the next game their LB punched our RB on the sideline!

NDSU vs UNI is what going D1 was all about. 2 great programs & great trips to Cedar Falls every other year with 2500-4000 NDSU fans, its so intense!!
    The sideline fiascogame was 2009, the game where they raped Jose repeatedly was 2010. Get your facts straight! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    When was the last time UNI beat us? Lol I feel like we’ve lost to Indiana State more recently than them.

Chapo if you’re still hanging on to a punch thrown 11 years ago... gotta look forward to greener pastures man.

UNI slapped our hands the first time we reached for their MVFC crown but they’ve since accepted their position as conference beta
    Do you remember this game? https://youtu.be/cCWIh9m58cc

It is a while back though as you say. Still, it is a bitter memory.

I was surprised when I saw we weren't playing them in 2022. Even though UNI has been a bit down for a couple of years, I still look forward to this game more than the SDSU. UND is a distant third for me. If/when UND ever gets good again, then that will go to the top of my list of conference games that I look forward to the most.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

All NDSU fans should walk thru Cedar Falls Bars Friday night before the game and Saturday after the NDSU win. its an awesome feeling!

It is a Rivalry and the fact that Matt Larson/Patty V let this slide is beyond comprehension!!

Usually always a top 10 matchup.. hell they RUSHED THE FIELD in 2016 vs us when they beat us....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm shocked UND didn't want Indiana State and Missouri State games protected.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."