Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Default Re: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm fully with Dave on this. The pandemic really, really opened my eyes to just how crappy FCS as a whole, is. Yes, I kind of knew it, but my God, you are so stupid you don't even fight to play football in the fall over testing? Seriously, if NDSU said "hey, we want to play this fall, but we need folks to pony up to pay for it" the friggin' money train would have rolled in. How many other FCS school could even think of doing that?

Further, to play in Spring, you have put all your chips in the vaccine basket. What if a vaccine does not hit? You are going to be able to pay for testing then?

Imagine this: If the Bresciani and Larsen regime were in power back in 2002 and 2003 instead of Gene and Joe when NDSU was contemplating the move out of D2, the shit show that would have occurred ? I doubt NDSU would have moved when they did. With those weak-kneed lillies in charge, NDSU would have waited until the undies were ready to move also. After all, they wouldn't have done anything to upset our "neighbors" to the north...…..it just wouldn't have been cricket.

Default COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm fully with Dave on this. The pandemic really, really opened my eyes to just how crappy FCS as a whole, is. Yes, I kind of knew it, but my God, you are so stupid you don't even fight to play football in the fall over testing? Seriously, if NDSU said "hey, we want to play this fall, but we need folks to pony up to pay for it" the friggin' money train would have rolled in. How many other FCS school could even think of doing that?

Further, to play in Spring, you have put all your chips in the vaccine basket. What if a vaccine does not hit? You are going to be able to pay for testing then?
    It’s been a sinking ship for years, I think I used that analogy back in 2015.

When there’s more Ford pick ups for sale parked on one side of the field than fans, you know you’re in an atmosphere equivalent to ND high school football. Probably class A or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Imagine this: If the Bresciani and Larsen regime were in power back in 2002 and 2003 instead of Gene and Joe when NDSU was contemplating the move out of D2, the shit show that would have occurred ? I doubt NDSU would have moved when they did. With those weak-kneed lillies in charge, NDSU would have waited until the undies were ready to move also. After all, they wouldn't have done anything to upset our "neighbors" to the north...…..it just wouldn't have been cricket.
    How true! Then again just think how much further, if not already done, our move to FBS would be with Chapman and Taylor in charge. Bresciani and Larsen are weak and afraid to be true leaders.

Purple - After our UCA game Radunz should grad transfer up and finish rest of season with one of the restart FBS teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Purple - After our UCA game Radunz should grad transfer up and finish rest of season with one of the restart FBS teams.
    He just needs to play the UCA game and go into combine mode...no reason to do anything else.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It’s been a sinking ship for years, I think I used that analogy back in 2015.

When there’s more Ford pick ups for sale parked on one side of the field than fans, you know you’re in an atmosphere equivalent to ND high school football. Probably class A or whatever
    The FCS died when App State and GSU left. When they left I said we would never replace them and nothing has come close outside of Coastal Carolina getting good for a bit but then they left. Eventually JMU will move on as well, only a matter of time.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

What a crock. We moved up last time when 1) we had more money than we could spend in DII and 2) we determined we could raise enough additional money to compete in DI. Prove to me both of those things are true today.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    What a crock. We moved up last time when 1) we had more money than we could spend in DII and 2) we determined we could raise enough additional money to compete in DI. Prove to me both of those things are true today.
    Audit, you want to stay with these pud losers? Its a flippin' joke at this point. (BTW, my thanks to Longhorn for the pud loser line.....)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Who in the hell mentioned anything about money? except you. I was talking about the leadership (or lack thereof) at the top of the NDSU food chain...….then and now. A question for BV: Who would you like to see having the keys to the Cadillac for a move to FBS? Gene and Joe OR Bresciani and Larsen ………...Runtheoption mentioned money and increasing his donations if a move up was in the foreseeable future, DIPSHIT , not I. Move your teleprompter closer or crawl back in your hole.
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 09-18-2020 at 06:59 PM.

yes, sir! if the week need lillies dont secure a waiver to join the "mountain" they should be furloughed effective 10-4-20 until the next football game is played. POINT BLANK AND THE PERIOD!!!!!!!!! this is rediculous