Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Default Re: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Nice to see the NCAA got one right.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Nice to see the NCAA got one right.
    It seems no different than what they did a few months ago for the spring athletes. All the questions on this topic(on BV, but not just BV) make me wonder if people ever stop talking to hear themselves talk, and just listen sometimes. The NCAA addressed an issue identical to this back in March/April, but somehow no one seems to remember even though it was big news at the time. <shakes head>

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    It seems no different than what they did a few months ago for the spring athletes. All the questions on this topic(on BV, but not just BV) make me wonder if people ever stop talking to hear themselves talk, and just listen sometimes. The NCAA addressed an issue identical to this back in March/April, but somehow no one seems to remember even though it was big news at the time. <shakes head>
    So they got two things right. Thanks for the reminder.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So they got two things right. Thanks for the reminder.
    So we got 1 game that was the lead on SportsCenter and no doubt will be a highlight when we play. I personally think this might be the best exposure we’ve ever had. No doubt it’s gonna be a Trey Lance showcase. But, I can’t get over the seniors that won’t have a chance to play a normal season. That sucks, but one showcase game to treat like an NC is at least something to motivate the fellas through endless workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The FCS officials are out about $9-10k of income. Can they use the new PPP program if it's passed to recover some of that lost income?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    PPP program has closed and we are beginning the forgiveness applications now. You missed your window.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I quite paying attention after the the pandemic first hit and sure I was not the only one. I didn't even think about Spring athletics already had to address this as I did not pay attention at all.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I quite paying attention after the the pandemic first hit and sure I was not the only one. I didn't even think about Spring athletics already had to address this as I did not pay attention at all.
    Once they said no march madness I checked out completely
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wish what we know now, we had known back in March. Iowa went thru a complete high school baseball season (games played in the summer, season started in late May); completed a regular season, districts, sub-states, and state tournaments......No problems !!! Yes, protocols were followed, such as each team had 6 game baseballs; when team A was on defense, they used their baseballs, team B on defense, they used their baseballs; each team had a designated ball shagger (fans were asked not to retrieve foul balls), concession stands were closed. I, as a plate umpire, never touched a damn ball (on a foul ball, the coach would reach into his bucket and toss it out to the pitcher. The only things I had in my ballbag were the plate brush, mosquito spray, and a bottle of water. There were no restrictions on people attending games and there were lots of fans at games. The PA announcer reminded fans of social distancing, whether or not it was followed, don't know. The idea is that if protocols are followed, sports seasons can be run and completed...….use common sense.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Wish what we know now, we had known back in March. Iowa went thru a complete high school baseball season (games played in the summer, season started in late May); completed a regular season, districts, sub-states, and state tournaments......No problems !!! Yes, protocols were followed, such as each team had 6 game baseballs; when team A was on defense, they used their baseballs, team B on defense, they used their baseballs; each team had a designated ball shagger (fans were asked not to retrieve foul balls), concession stands were closed. I, as a plate umpire, never touched a damn ball (on a foul ball, the coach would reach into his bucket and toss it out to the pitcher. The only things I had in my ballbag were the plate brush, mosquito spray, and a bottle of water. There were no restrictions on people attending games and there were lots of fans at games. The PA announcer reminded fans of social distancing, whether or not it was followed, don't know. The idea is that if protocols are followed, sports seasons can be run and completed...….use common sense.
    We are getting ready for HS football season here right now. Some of the HS teams draw better than a lot of FCS teams. I hope the fans can use their noggins as well as it sounds the Iowa fans did...but i have my doubts...I mean really "Floriduh Man"

Our tailgate group is getting together this Saturday for a "training" day.

533 In a row