Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Default Re: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    We might have had a much better shot at putting together a darn near full slate of non-conference games this fall if we were in one of the G5 conferences. I'm on the FBS train. FCS sucks.
    Didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm now on the FBS train...…..move over, SDBison..

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm now on the FBS train...…..move over, SDBison..
    If a move to the FBS was announced, my yearly donation would increase substantially.

We are already one of the best resourced FCS programs, and I think to myself "I don't need to donate more. Is it going to make us a better FCS program than we already are. If so, who cares?" We've already been king turds of the shit pile for a decade.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If a move to the FBS was announced, my yearly donation would increase substantially.

We are already one of the best resourced FCS programs, and I think to myself "I don't need to donate more. Is it going to make us a better FCS program than we already are. If so, who cares?" We've already been king turds of the shit pile for a decade.
    You mean to tell me people are donating to the football team? Why didn’t anyone tell me?!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

My donation would increase also; if the FCS shit pile height rises from 10 ft. to 15ft in a few years; it will just stink worse than it already does.

This is exactly where I'm at.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    About time you step up! I think many fans are coming around and it's time we let NDSU know we want more actions taken to get this done as soon as possible.

Can't agree more! Has anyone at NDSU researched the willingness for donations to increase if move to FBS made? Tired of the status quo and excuses. Too easy for current leaders to think small and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Can't agree more! Has anyone at NDSU researched the willingness for donations to increase if move to FBS made? Tired of the status quo and excuses. Too easy for current leaders to think small and do nothing.
    I'm fully with Dave on this. The pandemic really, really opened my eyes to just how crappy FCS as a whole, is. Yes, I kind of knew it, but my God, you are so stupid you don't even fight to play football in the fall over testing? Seriously, if NDSU said "hey, we want to play this fall, but we need folks to pony up to pay for it" the friggin' money train would have rolled in. How many other FCS school could even think of doing that?

Further, to play in Spring, you have put all your chips in the vaccine basket. What if a vaccine does not hit? You are going to be able to pay for testing then?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm fully with Dave on this. The pandemic really, really opened my eyes to just how crappy FCS as a whole, is. Yes, I kind of knew it, but my God, you are so stupid you don't even fight to play football in the fall over testing? Seriously, if NDSU said "hey, we want to play this fall, but we need folks to pony up to pay for it" the friggin' money train would have rolled in. How many other FCS school could even think of doing that?

Further, to play in Spring, you have put all your chips in the vaccine basket. What if a vaccine does not hit? You are going to be able to pay for testing then?
    If you believe the CDC...and that is a fairly big if, the vaccine won't be widely available until late 2nd quarter 2021...which pretty much means spring football is basically as big a risk as fall football.

Wink Re: COVID-19 football aftermath thread

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    If you believe the CDC...and that is a fairly big if, the vaccine won't be widely available until late 2nd quarter 2021...which pretty much means spring football is basically as big a risk as fall football.
    But now Redfield states that masks are more of a protection than a vaccine.