Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: UCA @ NDSU in Fargo 10/3/2020

Default Re: UCA @ NDSU in Fargo 10/3/2020

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty comical.
    I'll offer some conjecture. Perhaps the thinking is that if tailgating is not permitted then all 10k attendees will show up completely devoid of intoxicating substances and thus be capable of completely clear-headed rational decision making, at least to the level of their innate ability.'

Should work no?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'll offer some conjecture. Perhaps the thinking is that if tailgating is not permitted then all 10k attendees will show up completely devoid of intoxicating substances and thus be capable of completely clear-headed rational decision making, at least to the level of their innate ability.'

Should work no?

Most positively maybe....

Seems like tailgating outside would be safer than going inside for 3.5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You would think so. BUT when looking back at our tailgate there are a lot of times when space gets real tight.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

absolutely right Tony. you are OUTSIDE !!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Yep, another case of not following the science: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...to-go-out.html

I really find this one fascinating, and think Greenfield provided the only, although not well thought out, rational.

Yep, another case of not following the science: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...to-go-out.html

I really find this one fascinating, and think Greenfield provided the only, although not well thought out, rational.
    I suppose you could have one infected person visit every tailgating spot and thus expose everybody, but it seems like the data so far says that being outside is much safer (especially with ND's wind) and that the duration of exposure really is an important factor in spreading COVID-19 (so the hypothetical tailgate hopper wouldn't be that much of a danger.)

I suppose the porta-potties might be a pretty iffy place to go if you want to stop spreading the COVID - not sure what could be done to mitigate that problem. Better-ventilated porta-johns? Lots of disinfectant supplies on hand?

But the FargoDome, even with only 10k inside, is going to have a lot of people in close proximity in the common areas.

I suppose you could have one infected person visit every tailgating spot and thus expose everybody, but it seems like the data so far says that being outside is much safer (especially with ND's wind) and that the duration of exposure really is an important factor in spreading COVID-19 (so the hypothetical tailgate hopper wouldn't be that much of a danger.)

I suppose the porta-potties might be a pretty iffy place to go if you want to stop spreading the COVID - not sure what could be done to mitigate that problem. Better-ventilated porta-johns? Lots of disinfectant supplies on hand?

But the FargoDome, even with only 10k inside, is going to have a lot of people in close proximity in the common areas.
    I doubt porta johns big risk as contact transmission is minimal. And those babies get plenty of venting if the wind is going. I agree with you 100% that the game itself is the biggest risk. With that said, I don't have an issue with 10K since they are mandating masks. I plan on going if I get tickets.

Are you saying that you think I just shot from the hip?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Its not the porta potties that are the problem. Its the waiting inline nut to butt thats the issue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."