Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: UCA @ NDSU in Fargo 10/3/2020

Default Re: UCA @ NDSU in Fargo 10/3/2020

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I know of at least 10k that just disappeared. Somebody in some sport is going to lose a scholarship. Or money will have to come out of the general fund which means
    less resources for something else that was needed.
    You can change that to $15K.

The athletic department is probably better off for having no fans as I assume the issue would be much more heated right now if people would have been in attendance, instead of at home topping of their beverage and grabbing some chips just before kickoff.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I guess this is the end of the Dynasty?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    The athletic department is probably better off for having no fans as I assume the issue would be much more heated right now if people would have been in attendance, instead of at home topping of their beverage and grabbing some chips just before kickoff.
    I would say you are correct. I have already heard one person say they did not donate money for ndsu to buy cleats so somone can write political messages on them. One can only imagine what would have been said if 50% of the fans who feel the same way would have watched players kneel on the turf they donated their $$$$ to help buy

The guy has a point.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 10-04-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Bring Bohl Back. he had a zero politics policy and urged players to stay off social media
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I really hope ndsu realizes people donate to improve the product on the field not provide a platform for somone's politics.

Ndsu would be wise to treat the football field like a work environment. What you do on your own time is your business, but when you come into work you leave your politics at the curb.
    I do think being a division 1 student/athlete is most like a high pressure internship. If these young adults are not getting a lesson in keeping their political and social views to themselves in this environment, the school might be failing them. This is a publicly tax funded institution that should have some very clear non political expectations.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I do think being a division 1 student/athlete is most like a high pressure internship. If these young adults are not getting a lesson in keeping their political and social views to themselves in this environment, the school might be failing them. This is a publicly tax funded institution that should have some very clear non political expectations.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Not to mention it's pretty much just common sense. ......Dont alienate half your fan base.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Maybe that's the reason attendance was cut so close to game day. They knew this was coming if they had a video planned.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I really hope donors realize that you give money to help your team succeed, not because you agree ideologically with every recruit. That’s literally impossible.
    I believe the point is not that they expect every kid to agree with them ideologically (at least I hope not), I believe the point is that folks don't donate money so the players can give them the middle finger. If my dad gives me $500 to go shopping for clothes, he will not be happy if I come home with a bunch of UND apparel. It seems probable that in the future he will not be giving me any additional money. (and for this particular crime: he may write me out of the will )

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I doubt its the end, the margin for error in FCS is pretty substantial. Doesn't seem likely to benefit the program though. Who knows, it'll probably end up being fine but alienating the fan base seems like a silly move. When you push people away, you cannot expect them to come back though some will.
    College of Business Alumnus

Lance honoring BLM reminds me that ignorance is the greatest danger to American Liberty!