Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2020 NDSU season?

Default Re: RIP 2020 NDSU season?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    We gonna believe the same AD that wont even call up a FBS conference for an invite?

I'm gonna do a FOIA and find out. if Blob Port can do 1, I can do 1.
    What did you find out in your FOIA request?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post

The plot thickens, Watson. It could very well be that Bresciani is the asshole in this drama by telling ML to make it look "good" by releasing press statements to the public saying we did this and that and we've done this and that, all the while knowing that the decision was made before hand not to play at all this fall. But why, tho? I am now 100% convinced that had NDSU been scheduled to play a P5, ala KSTATE, Bresciani and Co. would have ordered ML to do or say whatever you have to, but get out of that game. How? you asked...….by fudging covid positive test numbers (of course that's not happening in America, right? by saying shit like it's not feasible to keep players on campus for practice to play only one game, when we know at least one team was willing to come to the FFD. Definitely looks like a lot of fucking politics involved here.
    Ahhh dont think I can go there.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    My guess, if they could have gotten a P5 game they would have certainly played 3 games this fall. Without that though the economics just don't make sense really. I mean even 3 home games with limited seating would likely have meant barely breaking even. 2 home games and road game to an FCS probably meant a loss financially for the department as a whole. I mean it costs money to practice too. It sucks but you have to stop the hemorrhaging at some point. They're still losing money just paying the coaching staff and schollies.

It's easy for these other schools to come out after the fact and say "Oh we wanted to play" but the reality of how difficult it's been filling the schedule every year says differently. I'd tell them well if that's the case why not schedule a future game right now. Doubt any of them would do it.
    Nicely said.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    What did you find out in your FOIA request?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    lets just say .....i was spoken to
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    My guess, if they could have gotten a P5 game they would have certainly played 3 games this fall. Without that though the economics just don't make sense really. I mean even 3 home games with limited seating would likely have meant barely breaking even. 2 home games and road game to an FCS probably meant a loss financially for the department as a whole. I mean it costs money to practice too. It sucks but you have to stop the hemorrhaging at some point. They're still losing money just paying the coaching staff and schollies.

It's easy for these other schools to come out after the fact and say "Oh we wanted to play" but the reality of how difficult it's been filling the schedule every year says differently. I'd tell them well if that's the case why not schedule a future game right now. Doubt any of them would do it.
    Surprises me we couldn't get BYU scheduled

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Now that we know the season was cancelled entirely due to money how many Seniors are coming back in the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Surprises me we couldn't get BYU scheduled
    Not me. I mean how much could they pay? And why would they want to pay us for a beating?

Sad day today. Cancelled flights to Oregon this morning we were looking forward to this for years. Our flights had an itinerary change that was greater than 2 hours so entire trip was eligible for full refund. Learned one lesson, won’t ever be fooled by the worthless travel insurance ever again. Good thing I waited to cancel the itinerary change saved me $1100 (4 tickets). Happy but sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb Bison View Post
    Sad day today. Cancelled flights to Oregon this morning we were looking forward to this for years. Our flights had an itinerary change that was greater than 2 hours so entire trip was eligible for full refund. Learned one lesson, won’t ever be fooled by the worthless travel insurance ever again. Good thing I waited to cancel the itinerary change saved me $1100 (4 tickets). Happy but sad day.
    Travel Insurance has a very defined narrow scope of coverage. I find most people think it covers way more than it actually does.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Soooo, did everyone mail it in here?

Sure seeing a lot of chatter about NDSU possibly playing UCA and JSU in the last half hour.

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/s...18799895764993

Brian McLaughlin
    @BrianMacWriter
    FCS NEWS: Hearing a bit more buzz now that Central Arkansas and North Dakota State may be happening this fall. I've heard Oct. 3 this fall & a potential multi-year deal.

Announcement may come today if this actually works out.