Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: RIP 2020 NDSU season?

Default Re: RIP 2020 NDSU season?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They likely shutdown due to politics.
    Could be. I hope not. Everything is being politicized on both sides. Gets really old.

The only real reason I can see is liability but then the other conferences don't seem to see this as an issue. I guess this is all new turf, so to speak, so nobody really knows. A good reason to maintain the ability/option to second-guess yourself ...

I suppose the programs all want definitive answers, though, given what's involved, but maybe they are changing to a more malleable perspective as well? I doubt the B1G changes its tune at this point

How do we only have one game this fall?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Exactly. I ain't interested in that game at all. Not one bit. Rip college football. You're dead to me.

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The B1G, as did the PAC 10, went all in earlier (to borrow a poker phrase) and lost. Now, they're out of the game and on the sidelines as the remaining P5 conferences rake in all the chips ($$$$) They declared early, thinking the SEC, ACC, and Big12 would follow suit, and now they're scrambling to save face. News flash: too late !!!
    It's still entirely possible the B1G and P12 will look brilliant if major issue occur with the remaining conferences. Only time will tell and anyone who can predict which way this will go is only guessing. My guess is it will go fairly well and the B1G and P12 will regret their decision. But that's only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's still entirely possible the B1G and P12 will look brilliant if major issue occur with the remaining conferences. Only time will tell and anyone who can predict which way this will go is only guessing. My guess is it will go fairly well and the B1G and P12 will regret their decision. But that's only a guess.
    It will be interesting to see what happens. 4% of students at the U. of Alabama have tested positive so there is a good chance there are cases on the football team.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Pfft. 4%.

Iowa State is at 28.4 percent.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    exactly. wheres the other 2 or at least 3 games!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

With the potential of the B1G trying for a fall season starting in October after announcing they would defer to Spring, I wonder if there's a chance the MVFC will do the same?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    With the potential of the B1G trying for a fall season starting in October after announcing they would defer to Spring, I wonder if there's a chance the MVFC will do the same?
    I wondered the same thing but then got stuck on testing costs. Who in the MVFC can afford to test 2x per week let alone 1x?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Not with a possibility of a playoff in the spring. They should have stuck to there guns and kept the fall going as long as possible but that bird flew the coop.