Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU BIG 12 OOC games 2020

Default Re: NDSU BIG 12 OOC games 2020

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ol Gene Taylor signed Arkansas State quick.. he wanted NOTHING to do with NDSU.
    They are trying to do regional games for their OOC. Iowa State might be the only realistic one.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That was an impossible situation for them. They'd have said Kli/Gene were giving a spoon to their old program and then we'd have beat them (again), embarrassing them in front of an even larger audience. Their fans/donors would have said why fucking do that when we could have played Arkansas State.

So they're playing Arkansas State, whoever the hell that is.
    Former 1AA National champ and your comment about them is what most folks in the Big XII are saying about us. Sometimes the jokes right themselves on here.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU BIG 12 OOC games 2020

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Former 1AA National champ and your comment about them is what most folks in the Big XII are saying about us. Sometimes the jokes right themselves on here.
    Joke? I think if Ark St won 8 of 9 championships, hosted multiple ESPN Gamedays, somehow turned into QBU, and had gone 3-0 against MVFC teams, most folks in the MVFC would take them a bit more seriously. I have a hard time believing most of the Big 12 think we are a joke.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Wasn't a joke. I just legit have no idea who they are.

People saying they don't know who we are in 2020 are full of shit, for the record. Before the ESPN coverage, Game Days, Wentz it made total sense. Now, it's just trolling.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Also it seems they were a runner up. Unless I'm missing something.

Very notable indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Joke? I think if Ark St won 8 of 9 championships, hosted multiple ESPN Gamedays, somehow turned into QBU, and had gone 3-0 against MVFC teams, most folks in the MVFC would take them a bit more seriously. I have a hard time believing most of the Big 12 think we are a joke.
    Listen bro they came in 2nd place in 1986. As LakesChapo would say: google it, learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Doesn't matter. Big 12 will be cancelling fall football by the end of next week.* Book it.

CUSA and AAC will cancel immediately after.

SEC, ACC, & SBC will cancel within a week of that.

*The next game changer will be the cancellation of all the DI fall championships. That's going to happen by the end of this week or the beginning of next. I believe we're currently at 16 of 32 conferences still technically playing. Word is that the Big Sky will cancel/postpone the rest of their fall sports tomorrow. A bunch of other conferences have scheduled meetings over the next few days where they will probably do the same. At that point, all the fall DI sports will be below the 50% threshold and the championships will be postponed to the spring(at best). Will schools/conferences be able to justify playing fall football when they've postponed every other fall sport? I don't think enough will be willing to accept that much potential liability. Word is that the Big 12 is pretty evenly split right now; I think this will be enough to push some fence-sitters over the edge.
    Let em.

The truth of the matter is that most power 5 schools need football $ or they're s.o.l.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Wasn't a joke. I just legit have no idea who they are.

People saying they don't know who we are in 2020 are full of shit, for the record. Before the ESPN coverage, Game Days, Wentz it made total sense. Now, it's just trolling.
    Not so sure. I think there is a stark awareness cliff. People who watch gameday and don't do weddings in the fall and follow the hardcore football fan discourse absolutely are aware of the Bison dynasty. One of the college football discourse running jokes you see on say reddit college football is that only a fool would schedule NDSU. They all know.

But I'd wager that one degree of fandom beyond that? Even people who are season ticket holders of their alma mater or hometown team I'd believe that they don't, and a degree beyond that? People who are only really aware of their home team and top 5-10 FBS programs it's probably less than 50%.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listen bro they came in 2nd place in 1986. As LakesChapo would say: google it, learn.
    Since when have facts mattered at Bisonville?

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Not so sure. I think there is a stark awareness cliff. People who watch gameday and don't do weddings in the fall and follow the hardcore football fan discourse absolutely are aware of the Bison dynasty. One of the college football discourse running jokes you see on say reddit college football is that only a fool would schedule NDSU. They all know.

But I'd wager that one degree of fandom beyond that? Even people who are season ticket holders of their alma mater or hometown team I'd believe that they don't, and a degree beyond that? People who are only really aware of their home team and top 5-10 FBS programs it's probably less than 50%.
    There are people who don't know who babe Ruth is. What's your point.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."