Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid gone list

Default Re: Covid gone list

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So spring football (if it actually happens) is going to be lower quality with every senior hoping to be in the NFL not playing. That would open up some roster spots on FBS teams.
    Yup.... this is NOT going to pretty for the FCS... a double whammy.
    FCS loses its TOP players to NFL draft training PLUS FCS loses its next set of talent to go fill the holes in FBS left behind by THEIR players going to NFL Draft Training.

argh.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So spring football (if it actually happens) is going to be lower quality with every senior hoping to be in the NFL not playing. That would open up some roster spots on FBS teams.
    Haven't you been head cheer leader on Bisonville over the last few weeks advocating for a spring season? I agree that spring will never happen but don't be disappointed that you got what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Haven't you been head cheer leader on Bisonville over the last few weeks advocating for a spring season? I agree that spring will never happen but don't be disappointed that you got what you wanted.
    I don't know if I've ever "cheered" for a spring season or even said that I thought it was a good idea. All I've done is say that I didn't expect to see any college football played this fall unless you count my post with the average weather in Frisco on June 30th if there was still going to be a championship game. Even before the non-conference games were cancelled, my wife and I didn't plan on attending any games and selling/giving away tickets we might get through the Team Makers single-game requests and hoped to watch football on TV.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Mercadel has said he is not playing in the Spring. He graduated last year and this would have been his sixth year in the program.

My prediction:

Trey Lance, Dillon Radunz, Josh Hayes...maybe Volson/Schoenig all Opt out and train for NFL draft
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Northern Iowa DB Xavior Williams is withdrawing from the transfer portal, staying at UNI
    Northern Iowa may get back Elerson Smith - DE - 6’ 7” 245

Sam Herder Retweeted

NCAA Transfer Portal
    @RivalsPortal
    ·
    7h

Update: Northern Iowa DE Elerson Smith has withdrawn his name from the transfer portal
    Another name in portal:

NCAA Transfer Portal
    @RivalsPortal
    ·
    5h

#FCS name to watch in portal: safety Qua Brown of Southern Illinois is coming off a 2019 season when he totaled 105 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1 INT and 1 FF

So what if players get an extra season next fall? With players opting out its not going to be nearly the same teams. I say we just scrap the spring and get ready for next fall.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    So what if players get an extra season next fall? With players opting out its not going to be nearly the same teams. I say we just scrap the spring and get ready for next fall.
    Why not try what they were gonna do this fall. Find 3 games, as in a lengthened spring season or shortened fall season, and then go with the regular slate in the fall again.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This! Hang a 2020 banner up so that the ordeal this team went through won't be forgoten and let's move onto 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This! Hang a 2020 banner up so that the ordeal this team went through won't be forgoten and let's move onto 2021.
    I'm in agreement with this but I'm not confident on a 2021 season either.

This really fucking sucks.

Damn you, Lakes.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes