Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Default Re: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    have you met Coach Richman ?
    Lmao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know if Carter is practicing?

I am concerned with ball handling and play making ability too; We haven't recruited PG from HS ranks very well recently; Will Jarius Cook finally get a chance to play???

We know Richman usually plays 8 guys in a rotation and sometimes 7------top 3 guys who have started over 30 career games---Kreuser---Griesel---Eady
    NEXT 4-5 guys id predict Witz bu big, Knotek best scorer, Harden-Hayes bu wing, Cook, and Carter

UNLESS---Carter is hurt more I don't see Mckinney playing this year
    Haman also a redshirt
    Wilson 4th big

My wild cards are Noah Christensen---can he bring more position flexibility 3-4-5---is he ready to contribute
    Grant Nelson---can he play as a true freshmen at 3-4
    Boden Skunberg---might have an opportunity to play PG to get on floor??

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    please no midco! only 15% of the market gets midco. put it on a broadcast station.
    For those of us in the TC, doesn't really matter. It will be ESPN3 either way.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Does anyone know if Carter is practicing?

I am concerned with ball handling and play making ability too; We haven't recruited PG from HS ranks very well recently; Will Jarius Cook finally get a chance to play???

We know Richman usually plays 8 guys in a rotation and sometimes 7------top 3 guys who have started over 30 career games---Kreuser---Griesel---Eady
    NEXT 4-5 guys id predict Witz bu big, Knotek best scorer, Harden-Hayes bu wing, Cook, and Carter

UNLESS---Carter is hurt more I don't see Mckinney playing this year
    Haman also a redshirt
    Wilson 4th big

My wild cards are Noah Christensen---can he bring more position flexibility 3-4-5---is he ready to contribute
    Grant Nelson---can he play as a true freshmen at 3-4
    Boden Skunberg---might have an opportunity to play PG to get on floor??
    You need a 1, and a backup at the 1. Knotek? Kno-way he's a 1, even as a backup. You can play without a point guard for a few minutes, but not very long. The 1 is handling and distributing, but its also guarding. Knotek plays the 2 well, but I'd be concerned at the 1.

Some combination of Carter, McKinney and Cook need to play this position. Cam would have been a piece here, so if Carter is injured, not good.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post

I am concerned with ball handling and play making ability too; We haven't recruited PG from HS ranks very well recently?
    I don't really agree with this at all, we had LA for 4 years, then brought in Kabellis who was solid before he decided to leave. Yes we missed on the guy we wanted after that which happens and went the JuCo route and landed Vinnie who was fantastic. Other than the couple years between Woodside and LA I'd say we've done pretty well at the PG position....for the record I did love watching Zastrow play but he certainly not on the talent level of the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    You need a 1, and a backup at the 1. Knotek? Kno-way he's a 1, even as a backup. You can play without a point guard for a few minutes, but not very long. The 1 is handling and distributing, but its also guarding. Knotek plays the 2 well, but I'd be concerned at the 1.

Some combination of Carter, McKinney and Cook need to play this position. Cam would have been a piece here, so if Carter is injured, not good.
    This is a good take, McKinney will play for the reasons listed above. Having a 6'6" shooting guard try to defend some of the smaller/quicker guards in this league would not go very well. I think when Carter is full go it'll be his spot for 30 minutes a game and McKinney will be there to give him a breather. Cook could spot fill if needed for foul trouble but he's not a true PG either so that wouldn't be ideal. I've seen pics of DCIII on social media at least at what appears to be shootaround, I know his original injury timeline was set to have him back the first week of December, which if he's on or ahead of schedule should only have him out the first weekend, potentially the 2nd depending how much practice time he can get in.

Definitely going to be an interesting start to the season, hoping they can still get a tune up exhibition game on the schedule just to play against somebody else before hitting the road before the first weekend but no idea what's even possible with the COVID season rules.

carter was supposed be cleared for practice on Nov 1 last I heard.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

My season preview article is up at http://reachingthesummitpodcast.com/...20-21-preview/

Quite literally the first thing I've written since college some 17 years ago and my first piece of sports journalism ever. Hopefully I did the team justice.

hell yes!!
    . I'm gonna pimp you out https://www.facebook.com/BisoNation1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Knotek sparingly brought the ball up at times last year. Dont want him doing it full-time, but not much options if Carter misses time. Id agree McKinney probably has to play. Our lack of a 1 lineup failed in the past when we tried it with Paul Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Knotek sparingly brought the ball up at times last year. Dont want him doing it full-time, but not much options if Carter misses time. Id agree McKinney probably has to play. Our lack of a 1 lineup failed in the past when we tried it with Paul Miller.
    There's no downside to McKinney playing, he's the only other true PG on the roster and with the NCAA eligibility waiver basically counting this season as if it doesn't happen, it's a no brainer to get him the experience. Every single player on the roster can come back with their same eligibility next year. I listened to the interview with coach Richman on Bison 1660 last week and he said before the waiver the staff even considered the talks of redshirting Rocky so that he could actually have a normal senior year next year. Dave said he thinks they could have this entire lineup back next year so there's nothing to lose by getting McKinney and potentially Skunberg and Nelson some minutes where available.