Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Default Re: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Freidel out for the season to deal with mental health. I hope he gets the help he needs.
    I'm no fan of his on court demeanor but that sucks to hear. Hopefully he can get his head right and be back free and clear next season. It's encouraging that he's taking it seriously... it's not something to downplay or just try to push aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm no fan of his on court demeanor but that sucks to hear. Hopefully he can get his head right and be back free and clear next season. It's encouraging that he's taking it seriously... it's not something to downplay or just try to push aside.
    Fully agree with your entire statement.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Yes. I'm encouraged that the term mental health has even publicly been floated out there. We all need to take such things way more serious. Glad he's trying to get the help he needs and hopefully it makes him a happier person.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Yes. I'm encouraged that the term mental health has even publicly been floated out there. We all need to take such things way more serious. Glad he's trying to get the help he needs and hopefully it makes him a happier person.
    Absolutely. I'll be rooting for him until he steps back onto a basketball court and that's nothing against him, I just hate SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree. Thread drift, but a good start would be for schools to be open nationwide. There are still a lot of kids and home all day and it is not good for their mental health at all. The science doesn't support them being at home.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Yes Gully.
    Freidel will take the Matt Mooney route and I dont blame him. Sit out the rest of this year, hit the Transfer Portal for a Big 12 , Creighton, Wichita St UNLV transfer
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I guess that Grayson Allen wasn't a childish, jackass, punk . . . he just had mental heath issues. None of it was his fault. The lesson is, if you are going to behave badly, behave really badly, making sure you are well past the distain level, to the sympathy level.

Yes, I know that mental health is a serious issue. How do you separate mental health and bad behavior? Is lack of maturity a mental health issue?
    Last edited by Herd; 02-18-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I guess that Grayson Allen wasn't a childish, jackass, punk . . . he just had mental heath issues. None of it was his fault. The lesson is, if you are going to behave badly, behave really badly, making sure you are well past the distain level, to the sympathy level.

Yes, I know that mental health is a serious issue. How do you separate mental health and bad behavior?
    I’d say it’s a pretty difficult distinction when it can be the cause, effect, or completely absent from the equation with very little to indicate what’s actually going on...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I guess that Grayson Allen wasn't a childish, jackass, punk . . . he just had mental heath issues. None of it was his fault. The lesson is, if you are going to behave badly, behave really badly.
    I don't think anyone will give or suggested that Friedel receive a pass for his less than savory on court antics. But because he acts like a jerk on the court doesn't mean he shouldn't be commended for prioritizing his mental health and sacrificing something that's obviously very important to him in missing the rest of his college basketball season.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think anyone will give or suggested that Friedel receive a pass for his less than savory on court antics. But because he acts like a jerk on the court doesn't mean he shouldn't be commended for prioritizing his mental health and sacrificing something that's obviously very important to him in missing the rest of his college basketball season.
    Let's be real. His coach can't trust that he will control his behavior on the court and with the team. He was given his options, and this one saves face. The coach is in control of this situation, and this is in the best interest of the player thankfully. In the past, a player was suspended for behavior detrimental to the team. Lack of maturity is typically the key factor. If I recall, ole #2 did some sitting for similar reasons during this stint on the court.