Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Default Re: 2020-2021 MBB Season

So if I'm understanding what everyone is saying, the only place someone is going to be able to watch Bison basketball is on Midco ? What about the people out of the Midco market ? This is crazy!

I believe the games will be available on Midco’s streaming service. In theory it should be available everywhere, IIRC it was not working for those outside the region during the dakota showcase.

Midco gave a press release that they were going to try to unveil it for next season but they gave it a trial run during the dakota showcase. It did not appear to go well and Midco appears to still be rolling with it anyways. Could be wrong but this is my understanding and I’m not happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    So if I'm understanding what everyone is saying, the only place someone is going to be able to watch Bison basketball is on Midco ? What about the people out of the Midco market ? This is crazy!
    Don't they stream all games on gobison.com?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Don't they stream all games on gobison.com?
    I don't know, do they ?

Posted this in the women’s bball forum but the games for this weekend (both men and women) appear to be available for free on the WIU sports website. WIU is the school famous for handing the KVLY guys the pieces of a folding table to go set up themselves somewhere in the bleachers 3 hours before kickoff, so don’t get your hopes up for a professional production.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Posted this in the women’s bball forum but the games for this weekend (both men and women) appear to be available for free on the WIU sports website. WIU is the school famous for handing the KVLY guys the pieces of a folding table to go set up themselves somewhere in the bleachers 3 hours before kickoff, so don’t get your hopes up for a professional production.
    WIU is always that student broadcast that has the production quality of the "Boom Goes The Dynamite" guy.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    WIU is always that student broadcast that has the production quality of the "Boom Goes The Dynamite" guy.
    But at least it's a free web stream I can get on my TV. The shittiest part of the Midco app is it isn't available on the Firestick or any gaming systems which is all I have for streaming devices so I got stuck watching the entire Dakota showcase on my phone. Miserable excuse for a media contract if that's what people are relegated to watching on.

I watched the broadcast from WIU last year. Yes it was a student broadcast but I thought they did a pretty decent job and were impartial as they could be. The broadcast was free and I could watch the game all I cared about. Now I have to pay for a Midco app to get home games instead of ESPN plus. They still dont have it on Roku and I have to stream to my TV from my phone. I would much rather pay for ESPN plus get more games and I can use ROKU. Very disappointed in MIDCO changing things!

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Ah you’re right. Just hope camera work is decent, plan on muting and streaming 1660 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    But at least it's a free web stream I can get on my TV. The shittiest part of the Midco app is it isn't available on the Firestick or any gaming systems which is all I have for streaming devices so I got stuck watching the entire Dakota showcase on my phone. Miserable excuse for a media contract if that's what people are relegated to watching on.
    Yeah Midco is a bad setup for our fan base and if they’re going to decide to play keep away from ESPN with our games it’s super shitty. No disagreement here.