Were we not like 67 last time
    Getting better
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Default Re: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    garbage summit

#61 of #68 seeds. so sad.
    It’s the Jackrabbits fault......
    With their returning players they were the overwhelming consensus preseason pick to win the Summit. SDSU had some quality non-conference wins as well. If the Jacks had done their job in the tourney, they would have been a better seed than ORU.

NDSU was in a rebuild year, rather than a reload.
    Next year the potential is there to win more non-conference games and get back to the NCAA, so the rebuild went well.
    ORU could be improved. SDSU could also if Wilson comes back and has good health.
    Coyotes have new arena and the new coach seems like a good hire.
    Kansas City, Western Illinois and Fighting Hawks also seem to have made good hires.
    St Thomas is a good addition to the league, has an established coach.
    Improves the Summit League’s geographical footprint and adds an amazing Twin Cities market. Should be good for everyone from a competition standpoint and a recruiting standpoint.

Denver, with Billups, still surprises me. Thought he would build quite the program before taking the next step. Guess I put too much stock in name-brand recognition with him.

Overall the Summit League can improve going forward, get back to a higher conference rating. They were before, can do it again. Covid scheduling meant few home games for the Summit League teams, and few games against other low/mid major teams. Those type games should be back next season.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 03-15-2021 at 02:00 PM.

missouri valley or mountain west would REALLY help this program out is my only point.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

missouri valley or mountain west would REALLY help this program out is my only point.
    This isn't going to happen so I don't know why people keep bringing it up. The better option is to improve the Summit and get it to those levels. The problem with moving conferences is it's not just basketball, every sport has to move and the travel involved for all of the sports just isn't manageable on our athletic budget, just look at UND for an example if you need one, their move hurt them so bad they ended up having to cut sports.

The women's side is a 2 bid league and if somehow NDSU would've pulled off an upset would've been a 3 bid league. The goal needs to be to get the men's to the same level. St. Thomas is a great add as far as visibility and footprint. I think there's a lot of talent in this league and some great coaching hires. NDSU, ORU and SDSU all have plenty of talent to go pull off some Quad 1 wins next year and bring this league up higher in the rankings. Hoping the middle of the pack also takes a bit of a step forward. Denver and Omaha are going to be a mess, WIU is probably 2 years away yet but the rest of the conference is trending in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by el_chapo View Post
    2 gone i predict dc1 as well just a hunch. Im fine if he stays but mckinney looked the part for pg.
    called that one.

6 guys gone in 1 year?

noah, biggs, knotek, dc1, cam & deng. trend or mirage?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

called that one.

6 guys gone in 1 year?

Cam & Deng were last year and the other 4 weren't gonna see minutes here so can't blame them for trying to find playing time elsewhere. If anything it should be a good sign that we are bringing in guys talented enough to unseat previous recruits and now with the extra scholarships we can go find more.

called that one.

6 guys gone in 1 year?

Hopefully a trend. Allow the guys that aren't good enough to make an impact at NDSU transfer elsewhere so they can play and get better players in. C'mon dude you have to be smarter than that. This is how we got Taylor Braun.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Cam & Deng were last year and the other 4 weren't gonna see minutes here so can't blame them for trying to find playing time elsewhere. If anything it should be a good sign that we are bringing in guys talented enough to unseat previous recruits and now with the extra scholarships we can go find more.
    Cam fizzled out of D1hoops so you could argue he wasn't a D1 player. Again, NDSU was always better with Deng on the bench or gone to another school that was losing. I'm not sure why people don't see that.

I want a team as good as Loyola.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I want a team as good as Loyola.
    Me too. But you get what pay for. Loyola spends 4.3M on men's basketball compared to 1.7M for NDSU.