Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Default Re: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Let's be real. His coach can't trust that he will control his behavior on the court and with the team. He was given his options, and this one saves face. The coach is in control of this situation, and this is in the best interest of the player thankfully. In the past, a player was suspended for behavior detrimental to the team. Lack of maturity is typically the key factor. If I recall, ole #2 did some sitting for similar reasons during this stint on the court.
    I agree with this overview. I would add that it's still encouraging to me that the mental health aspect is being talked about openly because as you said in the past this would have been suspension for behavior detrimental. It's not that I feel anyone or any org should have to talk about mental health, I just like that they are choosing to.

Also as an aside mental health and the lack of openly talking about such things is a huge problem in our state and within the one industry that everyone holds so near and dear. Suicides among farmers continues to grow. The more people choose to talk about their mental health in the open even in a passing twitter mention will help others not be so afraid of being "weak".

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree with this overview. I would add that it's still encouraging to me that the mental health aspect is being talked about openly because as you said in the past this would have been suspension for behavior detrimental. It's not that I feel anyone or any org should have to talk about mental health, I just like that they are choosing to.

Also as an aside mental health and the lack of openly talking about such things is a huge problem in our state and within the one industry that everyone holds so near and dear. Suicides among farmers continues to grow. The more people choose to talk about their mental health in the open even in a passing twitter mention will help others not be so afraid of being "weak".
    So much truth here. Thanks for saying that.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Excited for this weekend! It will be interesting to see what we look like now that we’ve got a few guys back, and likewise, what SDSU will look like without Noah freidel.

Does anybody know the tie breaking procedures this year being that SDSU won’t play as many games as us when the regular season ends? Also, does the regular season winner get an NIT auto bid this year like they usually do in years past?

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    Excited for this weekend! It will be interesting to see what we look like now that we’ve got a few guys back, and likewise, what SDSU will look like without Noah freidel.

Does anybody know the tie breaking procedures this year being that SDSU won’t play as many games as us when the regular season ends? Also, does the regular season winner get an NIT auto bid this year like they usually do in years past?
    I believe it just goes down to winning percentage. Oddly enough SDSU is ahead right now based on winning percentage but if they split this weekend NDSU would actually move ahead of them in winning percentage.

EDIT: I guess technically it's tied when it comes to winning percentage between NDSU, SDSU, and USD.

The NIT has done away with autobids for regular season champs this year. Just 16 teams, all playing in NYC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I believe it just goes down to winning percentage. Oddly enough SDSU is ahead right now based on winning percentage but if they split this weekend NDSU would actually move ahead of them in winning percentage.

EDIT: I guess technically it's tied when it comes to winning percentage between NDSU, SDSU, and USD.
    I'm curious if they bothered to rethink the tie breakers at all or will just use the standard ones. If it was me the first time breaker would be total games played.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm curious if they bothered to rethink the tie breakers at all or will just use the standard ones. If it was me the first time breaker would be total games played.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Which would be total BS since the two worst teams in the league didn't pass there covid 19 protocols when they had to play SDSU. Everyone can agree that SDSU should have 4 more wins right now.

I'm not sure what the league didn't allow time to make up games if they got postponed/canceled so it wouldn't have to come down to winning percentage.

it should be winning % of games played which sucks, but probably the fairest.

it doesnt matter summit is 20th of 22 conferences this year, so we are fighting over the #16 seed and losing by 50 to Gonzaga
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Which would be total BS since the two worst teams in the league didn't pass there covid 19 protocols when they had to play SDSU. Everyone can agree that SDSU should have 4 more wins right now.

I'm not sure what the league didn't allow time to make up games if they got postponed/canceled so it wouldn't have to come down to winning percentage.
    Should have and would have are two different things. I'm not saying you would have lost them but know one truly knows and imo you can't just reward a team with 4 wins because you think that's how it would have played out.

Anyway, looking at the standard tiebreakers I think they still work well enough:
    Head-to-head record.
    Record against the top-seeded team not involved in the tie, going down through the standings until the tie is broken.

If you were to hit a team in the standings that one team didn't play that imo is when you give the tiebreaker to the team that did play them. That won't happen since those teams are at the bottom of the list.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tiebreakers are as follows:
    Winning %
    Head to Head
    Head to Head versus teams in order from 1st-9th
    NET Ranking if necessary

If there's a tie at all between NDSU/SDSU/USD the tie will be broke by the head to heads versus UND as everybody has a different record against them, if ORU gets in the mix in the tie it gets real complicated. NDSU and ORU could finish with exactly the same record and exactly the same record against every conference opponent which would then bring in the NET rankings which as of right now we are only 5 spots ahead of them. Gonna be a very interesting last 2 weeks to say the least, NDSU needs at least a split this weekend, a sweep would likely get us on the 1 line as long as we at least split next weekend.