Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Default Re: 2020-2021 MBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Do know what the starting lineup is? Main contributors...
    1 Knotek/Carter/McKinney
    2 Eady/Knotek/Cook
    3 Griesel/Cook/Noah
    4 Harden-Hayes/Witz
    5 Rocky/Witz/Odell

Carter could work his way as starter once he comes back. He'll need to get adjusted to things first. The pushed back schedule should help him. Harden-Hayes at the 4 provides us great length all over. Richman can have Witz off bench as he wants a quality big in that spot. I am concerned about perimeter defense. This will be another team that reminds me of when LA left, it will need to be a group effort to be successful. We have nice pieces. I think Nelson and Skunberg redshirt. McKinney could depend on health of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    If I was the coach, I'd play a little more halfcourt with the starters (Carter, Knotek, Eady, Griesel, Rocky), and push the pace more with the 2s (McK, Cook, Hayes, Noah, Nelson).
    have you met Coach Richman ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

1 Knotek/Carter/McKinney
    2 Eady/Knotek/Cook
    3 Griesel/Cook/Noah
    4 Harden-Hayes/Witz
    5 Rocky/Witz/Odell

Interesting options so far.
    If that is the lineup I would be surprised. It would be that fully interchangeable lineup that we all know is Richmond's ultimate dream scenario.

I just don't think we have enough play making ability with those 5 on the court plus of those 4 who would guard quick/fast point guards when they are put in pick and roll situations with Rocky. I have a feeling they would get brown by. Hopefully Carter is ready to go at the beginning of the season.

One of Richmond pillars is defense just watch some of his favorite drills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJtdAZI6ceo - close outs - energy drills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VPJnBzUNfw - on the ball defense
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amc28rqQpjs 4 on 5 offensive drills

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    1 Knotek/Carter/McKinney
    2 Eady/Knotek/Cook
    3 Griesel/Cook/Noah
    4 Harden-Hayes/Witz
    5 Rocky/Witz/Odell

Carter could work his way as starter once he comes back. He'll need to get adjusted to things first. The pushed back schedule should help him. Harden-Hayes at the 4 provides us great length all over. Richman can have Witz off bench as he wants a quality big in that spot. I am concerned about perimeter defense. This will be another team that reminds me of when LA left, it will need to be a group effort to be successful. We have nice pieces. I think Nelson and Skunberg redshirt. McKinney could depend on health of DC.
    Knotek at the PG?? I'm not sure why you would think we would play a 6'6" SG/SF at the PG spot. Carter should only miss a week or two of the regular season based on his injury timeline. I haven't seen McKinney practice, don't know if Dave would have him in the starting role for a couple weeks until Carter is ready but it certainly wouldn't be the first time we've put a true freshman PG on the floor. If not, my money would be on Cook starting at the 1 over anybody else on the roster. He came in as a highly touted combo guard and seems to handle the ball fairly well in the limited playing time we've seen him.

I miss Cam already.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I miss Cam already.
    Cam was a good bison while he was here and a solid bench contributor, but he bailed. i'm not in the room to know if DR or Cam is to blame for the animosity in the relationship, but he bailed. I did not see enough leadership from Cam over the years to miss him too much this year, but I wish him the best with the Mules.

With Geu, I support his in this situation with DR . . . he needed to leave he take is game forward. With Cam, I'm not so sure. Stylistically, the bison played a slower, defensive style that did not emphasize Cam's skills, just the way it is. This year (IMO) might have really gone bad if we leaned on Cam for leadership and direction. In my opinion, it worked out for the best.

Remember the 2017-18 team? Senior leadership and coaching were at odds, and the thing went pear shaped. Not worth it to have "senior leaders" at odds with the the coach. I think DR has learned from these situations and will be less rigid, and I hope the new asst coaches help this situation also.

Any word on when the schedule will be released with tv info? I know it was mentioned in the other thread that it was close but that was two weeks ago.

Getting antsy...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Any word on when the schedule will be released with tv info? I know it was mentioned in the other thread that it was close but that was two weeks ago.

Getting antsy...
    please no midco! only 15% of the market gets midco. put it on a broadcast station.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    please no midco! only 15% of the market gets midco. put it on a broadcast station.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Couldn’t agree more.
    shit. even a Dot 2 Wday.2 KVLY.2 KVRR.2 Midco/Cable already get those channels, so your increasing the eyeballs even more