Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do (will) we play 3 non-conference games this fall?

Default How do (will) we play 3 non-conference games this fall?

Dom Izzo put on Twitter that NDSU wants to play 3 non conference games this fall, and ideally all 3 would be in Fargo or at the very least 2 at home and 1 on the road. I think this could be great for NDSU. Hear me out.

NDSU will have multiple weeks to play 3 games. NDSU can schedule a game in Fargo and then wait 2-3 weeks before playing another. This would allow for any needed quarantine period in between the games.

Play 1 game in September, 1 game in October, and 1 game in November. This would be good for any possibility to get the games on (national) tv as well as having fans in attendance, especially in October and November.

Chattanooga's coach has already tweeted that they want to play, are looking for games, and are willing to travel. Lets get them to Fargo.

The downside could be this - if Trey Lance and/or Dillon Radunz tear it up during the 3 games, they could decided to skip the spring games to focus on the NFL Draft (I would not blame them).

I personally would feel confident with Zeb Noland at QB. While he cannot scramble like Lance, he looked good when he got in last season.

Just my thoughts.

Default Re: How do (will) we play 3 non-conference games this fall?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    Dom Izzo put on Twitter that NDSU wants to play 3 non conference games this fall, and ideally all 3 would be in Fargo or at the very least 2 at home and 1 on the road. I think this could be great for NDSU. Hear me out.

NDSU will have multiple weeks to play 3 games. NDSU can schedule a game in Fargo and then wait 2-3 weeks before playing another. This would allow for any needed quarantine period in between the games.

Play 1 game in September, 1 game in October, and 1 game in November. This would be good for any possibility to get the games on (national) tv as well as having fans in attendance, especially in October and November.

Chattanooga's coach has already tweeted that they want to play, are looking for games, and are willing to travel. Lets get them to Fargo.

The downside could be this - if Trey Lance and/or Dillon Radunz tear it up during the 3 games, they could decided to skip the spring games to focus on the NFL Draft (I would not blame them).

I personally would feel confident with Zeb Noland at QB. While he cannot scramble like Lance, he looked good when he got in last season.

Just my thoughts.
    You either don't understand how a quarantine is supposed to work or you don't understand how football works. You're not alone though. MLB doesn't understand how a quarantine works either.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You either don't understand how a quarantine is supposed to work or you don't understand how football works. You're not alone though. MLB doesn't understand how a quarantine works either.

Congrats. You with the "prick of the day" award.

I understand both just fine.

There are always moving parts with both. Plus, one must take into account items like false positives. Look at Matthew Stafford. Heck, look at the Northwestern Football Program. They had 37 players forced into quarantine over a false positive.

What each state, organization, program, association, and other group defines as a quarantine as is different from the next.

So don't sit there being rude and smug telling me that I don't understand something .

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post

Just my thoughts.
    Honestly I think the most positive aspect for the program playing games in the manner you’ve described is giving the guys four months of practice. Obviously limited game experience, but compared to teams that just completely shut it down we would really be ahead of the game.

Crazy to think that it will have been a year and a half since those teams would’ve last played/practiced.

NDSU Players on twitters actively BEGGING for games

dawson weber, jaxon brown saying. "Please contact our AD, we will play anyone anywhere"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Montana/Montana State double header.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Not outside the realm of possibility.

If NDSU could get a decent matchup and assuming some power 5 schools are done. We could actually get tv dollars for a game.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU Players on twitters actively BEGGING for games

dawson weber, jaxon brown saying. "Please contact our AD, we will play anyone anywhere"
    My goodness now the players have to do Matt Larson's job.

Lardsin must go!

Clemson is looking for a non conference game. Their original options Akron (Mac cancelled) and the Citadel (half the team not going to practice) aren’t happening now. Give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    My goodness now the players have to do Matt Larson's job.
    How do you know what Matt Larson is doing or not doing? I'm guessing it might take a few days to finalize a deal before it was announced even if agreements were made today.
    It's OK to not be OK.