Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 will be the dividing line between the have and have nots in FCS.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Covid 19 will be the dividing line between the have and have nots in FCS.

What will attendance and tailgating requirements look like? Can any school in your super conference, including NDSU afford to fly all over the country for games if stadiums are at 20% like Ohio St is preparing for.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Covid 19 will be the dividing line between the have and have nots in FCS.

I'm afraid I'm out for the season. I'll watch on TV if they play. Stay safe.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'm afraid I'm out for the season. I'll watch on TV if they play. Stay safe.
    oh scottie. your panties are lying out for you.. enjoy your Friday

im on the Lawrence Welk Highway
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Play a season. Do what most programs don’t/can’t do at this level. Show the nation that NDSU isn’t just some college in the northern plains but rather a college that has the leadership to make things happen in tough times. Get any FBS and FCS games you can and play the conference. See what happens at the end of the year.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Ah, yes.

The Charge of the Light Brigade. That will show them!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I'm very sympathetic to staying FCS, generally. I think there are benefits to FBS, but I've always held the belief that FCS is better for NDSU right now.

Not so much anymore. The mask has been ripped off of the FCS and we've found that, by and large, the FCS is just a collection of shitless bunch of do-nothing, dont give a flying f*ck about football, just trying to save a buck, apathetic flock of dipshits.

Its time to join our peers at a level that views their football programs with a f*cking OUNCE of reverence, passion, enthusiasm, or interest. Sick of competing with 115 high school teams, and then SDSU and JMU each year. sick of it.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

A lot of schools have seen football as a huge liability and only kept it going because it would not be politically acceptable for individuals in control to get rid of it.

Covid gives the window for many to say “we’re done.”

This is not isolated to FCS and lower divisions.

High G5 to Power 5 will be looking for teams to conference with and play next year.

God loves the Bison. The phone will ring, don’t need to make the call.

But do make some calls and get creative this year. Lets get some games. Likely no real FCS playoffs/chipper, so lets get bloody with some real FBS games.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'm very sympathetic to staying FCS, generally. I think there are benefits to FBS, but I've always held the belief that FCS is better for NDSU right now.

Not so much anymore. The mask has been ripped off of the FCS and we've found that, by and large, the FCS is just a collection of shitless bunch of do-nothing, dont give a flying f*ck about football, just trying to save a buck, apathetic flock of dipshits.

Its time to join our peers at a level that views their football programs with a f*cking OUNCE of reverence, passion, enthusiasm, or interest. Sick of competing with 115 high school teams, and then SDSU and JMU each year. sick of it.
    I love this post, and are also my exact thoughts the last 48-72 hours.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

...your sig line indicates you’ve been pro FBS for a while lol

I hope you didn’t now just figure out that the FCS doesn’t take football very seriously.

Just stupid idiocracy that it's taken a pandemic to make a lot of fans realize that FCS division is a second rate priority to the majority of the its peers. NDSU fans think of themselves as Big Time and its fair in football program standards. However, FCS is NOT Big Time football, it never has been and it never will be. All the fans claiming that it's the right place for NDSU, need to stop considering the football program as Big Time, because it's a contradiction to their opinion.