Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 will be the dividing line between the have and have nots in FCS.

Default Re: Covid 19 will be the dividing line between the have and have nots in FCS.

If admin, coaching, and most importantly, the players want to pursue a season and play 8-10 games, lets get it done.

Is it possible to opt up to FBS this season? Get in a bowl game?

Default Re: Covid 19 will be the dividing line between the have and have nots in FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Just stupid idiocracy that it's taken a pandemic to make a lot of fans realize that FCS division is a second rate priority to the majority of the its peers. NDSU fans think of themselves as Big Time and its fair in football program standards. However, FCS is NOT Big Time football, it never has been and it never will be. All the fans claiming that it's the right place for NDSU, need to stop considering the football program as Big Time, because it's a contradiction to their opinion.
    Could be worse. At least their premiere sport isn't Canadian ice soccer.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If admin, coaching, and most importantly, the players want to pursue a season and play 8-10 games, lets get it done.

Is it possible to opt up to FBS this season? Get in a bowl game?
    Absolutely this!!! With this crazy world going on now with college football I think a bowl game could be a possibility. To me it’s just another game if possible.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    With the news that the Big Sky has opted out of football, one has to think this isn't sitting well with the Montana's and maybe EWU. There seems to be a huge riff developing between the upper tier of the the FCS and the rest. I can't see the Valley moving forward at this point. Who is going to vote yes to play? NDSU and SDSU are locks with ISUr USD and UNI "maybe's" while the rest will be solid no's.

The top tier should absolutely grab the bull by the horns and create a 1 year super conference and petition the NCAA to declare them bowl eligible since there won't be an FCS playoff. It would give the MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt schools a reason to schedule us this year as they won't be limited to the two FCS win limits that were allowed to count towards bowl eligibility.

Super conference

NDSU
    SDSU
    Illinois State
    Montana
    Montana State
    JMU
    Sam Houston

EWU?
    UNI?
    USD?
    UCA?
    ?
    ?

Thoughts? Even if we proceeded with this idea and the season gets shutdown anyway, it drives a mssive wedge between the above and the teacher/basketball/hockey schools that make up the rest of the FCS. That's a good thing and will hopefully elevate us to the upper side of the split when it happens.
    From an SDSU fan, this was my first thought. I can not imagine the Montana schools are happy.

what about a big12 "bubble" in fargo?

Tommy Olson brought up a good point on KFAN the other day. Its highly likely the overall college football product may be horse shit to watch. All these teams are coming into the year cold. No spring ball, very little organized activities. If there is a football season, it may be horrible football to watch.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

No MVFC until this spring??? That's not going to be popular or supportive.

I'm afraid if our AD doesn't get on the phone right away to find an alternative for this season, we will see transfers similar to what other FCS teams are experiencing.

COVID blows and conference leadership in FCS sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I'm afraid if our AD doesn't get on the phone right away to find an alternative for this season, we will see transfers similar to what other FCS teams are experiencing.
    I really don’t think that is a concern at this point. Our culture is very different than the schools where you’re seeing issues like you mention.