Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

Default Re: Matt Larsen on ESPNU this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Every college will be impacted equally if their cash cow sport is cancelled. NDSUs just happens to be football, that is where they are different than the rest of FCS. We are in a hurtbag with anything less than full attendance allowed. The athletic dept can’t make anymore cuts to women’s sports or scholarships as they have done in years past. Some men’s sports would see something cut.
    That’s not really true, though. ADs with bigger state appropriations will feel less pain compared to those who rely on sales, donations, etc.

In the case of NDSU, boosters would have to make up the difference to maintain the status quo

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    That’s not really true, though. ADs with bigger state appropriations will feel less pain compared to those who rely on sales, donations, etc.

In the case of NDSU, boosters would have to make up the difference to maintain the status quo
    Because state appropriations aren't going to be cut significantly or what?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Because state appropriations aren't going to be cut significantly or what?
    Correct, especially for you. Let's come back after the dust settles and compare notes

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do we think this could be the great equalizer that brings us back to Earth. Covid leads to finding issues and the team loses cohesion from some weird combo of guys staying extra years freshman leaving or not coming in because of no campus visits. This is very concerning

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    We are in a hurtbag with anything less than full attendance allowed. The athletic dept can’t make anymore cuts to women’s sports or scholarships as they have done in years past. Some men’s sports would see something cut.
    Unless true Bison fans buy their tickets even if they can’t attend because of pre-existing conditions, which is what I intend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Unless true Bison fans buy their tickets even if they can’t attend because of pre-existing conditions, which is what I intend to do.
    How do you rep someone on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    How do you rep someone on this site?
    First you send me 1/12th of a bitcoin then I give 1/12th of that to Tony who manually adds the rep in the backend of the prehistoric phpbb software.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Dude, I really want to know how you know, without a doubt, that he hasn't done that already and isn't continuing to do so. For the 100th fucking time, your lack of knowledge shouldn't help you to come to ANY conclusions, whether it is behind the scenes football scheduling, facemasks, or that haircut...
    Hey, don't you know that NDSU is the MECCA of college football? Any team in the country would give their left nut to be granted the privilege of playing NDSU. I mean Matt Larson has got the easiest job in the world. All he has to do is pick up the phone, call any team in the country and say "I'm Matt Larsen with NDSU and we want a game" and any other AD in the county would reply back "Well give us a date and name your price. We would gladly pay you any price for the honor of playing the mighty Bison."

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Do we think this could be the great equalizer that brings us back to Earth. Covid leads to finding issues and the team loses cohesion from some weird combo of guys staying extra years freshman leaving or not coming in because of no campus visits. This is very concerning
    No. If anything in the long run it probably helps us. This/next year might be interesting, but my thoughts on adversity are that those with additional resources, competence and resiliency will really excel.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Tony, do you remember which show/host he was on with?
    No, all I know is that he was on between 8 and 9 am EST.